Knoll (by Binary Sword Pty Ltd) (CryENGINE 3)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by clever_bug, Jan 3, 2013.

1. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    #1 clever_bug, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    A masterpiece from Binary Sword Pty Ltd coming soon to iOS.

[​IMG]

Official art-works:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thankyousteve

Thankyousteve Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Cool! Can we have some in game screens?

3. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    The developer hasn't released any screenshots or trailers yet! However, they've said that they're working very hard to prepare for the official announcement, which is coming near! :cool:

4. Richmar1

Richmar1 New Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Yes, We are working Very hard to bring some nice in-game content and are in the process of creating our announce trailer. I Am the lead Programmer Working on Knoll and i'll tell ya, It's going to be amazing. the game mechanics that I am specifically working are Epic!! Can't wait to bring more info on this in the near future. Till then, Enjoy and stay tuned :)

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Beautiful concept art. Excited to see how this will turn out. Best of luck on the project!

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The very first screenshot... The artwork is beautiful, but the addition of the title is a bit lazy. Why use a type font if you can design the title?

With this, im actually doubting the amount of polish in this game once it comes out.

7. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Getting Mount and Blade clone on iOS would be my dream come true, here is to my hoping this game delivers all promised :)

8. xsimonk

xsimonk New Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Marketing Director at Binary Sword Pty Ltd
    Rome, Italy
    #8 xsimonk, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    We still have to choose an engine for iOS version of Knoll

Greetings,
    I'm Simone Ferretti, Marketing Director at Binary Sword Pty Ltd, there's a mistake in your statement "This is the second iOS game using CryENGINE 3":
    we are using CryENGINE 3 for the PC version only. There's a 90% chance we use CryENGINE 3 for the PS3/Xbox 360 porting too. Info on our IndieDB page are old and needs to be updated. In fact we're about to release a big update on our IndieDB page with new images, information and game logo soon.
    We don't know yet whether Crytek will include iOS support into the new SDK version 3.5 and let Indie Studios port and publish their games to iOS or not.
    At the moment, I can't tell you anything else about this subject. However, I see there are a lot of people here are interested on iOS support for Knoll, so I will give you a little secret detail on the engine: we are still valuating an alternative to CryENGINE 3 for the porting to smartphones and tablets. The best choice, other than CryENGINE 3, is Unity 3D. So if we can't use CryENGINE 3 on iOS, there's a 75% chance we will use Unity 3D to make a specific version of the game on iOS.

Further information will come as soon as we know more about CryENGINE 3.5 iOS support for Indie Developers... and it will be my pleasure and reponsibility to keep you updated on this topic.

9. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    #9 clever_bug, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    I carefully asked the administrator of your Facebook pages (Binary Sword / Knoll), and he said yes (it's planned). (May be he is you???) And from what I know, Knoll was the only game which was originally planned to be released on iOS using CryENGINE 3. That's why I said "This is the second iOS game using CryENGINE 3". So do I need to say "This is the second iOS game originally planned to use CryENGINE 3"?

I have corrected the statement! :) Btw, hope Crytek's CryENGINE 3 comes to iOS soon! :cool:

10. xsimonk

xsimonk New Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Marketing Director at Binary Sword Pty Ltd
    Rome, Italy
    Thanks for your kindness and speed in correcting your statement.
    I can confirm you that we have originally stated that Knoll would be released on iOS using CryENGINE 3, and we still plan to. What's wrong in that statement, is that we are not "using" CryENGINE 3 on iOS at the moment but we plan to use it if allowed to do so.
    In fact, we are using CryENGINE 3 to develop a first release on PC platform, and porting on PS3, Xbox 360 and hopefully also on iOS too at a later date.

So even if we wont be able to use CryENGINE 3, Knoll will be released on iOS, Android and Windows Phone with another game engine.
    Be aware of the fact that even if CryENGINE will not be available to indie developers, there could be a chance we get an offer/deal from Crytek for CryENGINE 3 Mobile license and we will be sure to take it.