Support our Sponsors:

Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
I regret getting it for free. Awesome game, but how is this considered a rougelike? Is that the OTHER mode that this game has?
Yes, there's a puzzle mode that introduces the gameplay and enemy types. And there's the roguelike-esque adventure mode
Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketnova View Post
I regret getting it for free. Awesome game, but how is this considered a rougelike? Is that the OTHER mode that this game has?
Why would you regret getting a game for free?

Anyway, this game is not that hard to figure out and is quite fun, and it has infinite replayability in the challenge mode.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Why would you regret getting a game for free?

Anyway, this game is not that hard to figure out and is quite fun, and it has infinite replayability in the challenge mode.
Probably wanted to support the dev

Also this dev also made the freeware roguelike Red Rogue if anyone's interested.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion008 View Post
I am very glad you two are so interested. I heard the dev is still doing stuff with the code so there may be changes to come.
Yes I'm glad I tried it out, its really good to hear that something else is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Just deleted this, stupidest menu system in the world award goes to this game. I played the first three levels and have no clue what the menu buttons do. Or why there seems to be different modes and why I couldn't quit from one of them without closing the app.
What MojoRisin says is very true, not hard to figure out at all. Get this one, its really amazing. Download now, regret for not paying later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
It's really not that hard to figure out. The three icons that show when you first start the app are the "main menu" that shows the three different modes of the game. The first is the "campaign" mode that serves to teach you how all of the various enemies and other entities work. There is no written tutorial, but the levels are ingeniously designed so that while figuring them out, you learn all the elements of the game.

The second is a "challenge" mode where you have to use your knowledge gained in the campaign mode to navigate randomly generated levels and get to the numbered gates, or you can go through a non-numbered one if you have no other choice, but you have to find the numbered ones to progress. I'm pretty sure the idea is to go through all the numbers, counting down from 8 all the way to 1. I haven't finished it, though.

That's all you need to know to play. The third icon in the main menu is evidently some kind of creation mode, but I haven't messed with it. But the game itself is quite addictive, and plays fast enough that you want to keep playing just one more, especially in the challenge mode.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Probably wanted to support the dev

Also this dev also made the freeware roguelike Red Rogue if anyone's interested.
Yes, I definitely should have phrased that better The game is great.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:21 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
Yes, there's a puzzle mode that introduces the gameplay and enemy types. And there's the roguelike-esque adventure mode
Awesome, thanks!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Frost, some bad news. I am pretty sure that the update we just got turned out to be all the dev was working on. He basically rewrote the engine or something. No new stuff like I had hoped. Also, he says he's done with ending now (via email), but at least he left us the level creator. If you guys make any new levels I repeat, please share them! Also, the level pack I linked is now broken due to a change in how generators work in the update. That sucks.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Oh well at least we have the full game with everything, and rogue-like mode should last a while. Its endless after all

Its cool to do your own levels but I don't see any way to share from the level editor inside the game, how can I do that? Is the dev around?
Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
Oh well at least we have the full game with everything, and rogue-like mode should last a while. Its endless after all

Its cool to do your own levels but I don't see any way to share from the level editor inside the game, how can I do that? Is the dev around?
Pretty sure Scorpion mentioned earlier that you need the (free) flash version to push your created levels to ios. Haven't gotten around to that.

Also, I thought adventure mode ended...is it actually endless? I haven't gotten past room 2, but I thought after room 1 you were done.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:07 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

A surprisingly very good game. I don't mind the menus, actually enjoyed discovering what they did by experimentation. The only thing I think the game lacks is GC acheivements and some kind of leaderboards. It would help give the game additional purpose. Sharing puzzles could also be neat but there is quite enough already included for the meager price of admission.

Last edited by GiHubb; 08-10-2013 at 01:02 PM..