What on earth happened to iShoot?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by myhc, Apr 7, 2016.

1. myhc

myhc New Member

Apr 7, 2016
    I remember playing this game years ago and decided to try and download it again. It has completely disappeared from off the face of the earth. Doesn't come up in the app store, iTunes, not showing up in my purchase history although it shows me my first ever app store purchase. Its completely gone and even though I searched through google for an hour and there is no post or article saying its been deleted or anything, not even me searching on this site. The last word about it was in November of 2011.

Does anyone know what happened to it? I feel like the men in black came and erased everyones minds about it but mine.

2. Paul99

Paul99 Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    Please dont just post anyway does this look like a discussion area?

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
  4. myhc

myhc New Member

Apr 7, 2016
    I thought this was the proper place to post this question, as it is a game on the iphone and this is the games and apps section.
    So it is gone. Does anyone know why? It seems rather strange for it to disappear like this.

5. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It's actually kind of common, it's just that there's SO many apps on the App Store sometimes it goes unnoticed when they disappear.

I'm just guessing, but most likely what happened is the game was no longer making enough money to justify the $99 per year fee for an Apple developer license. Or perhaps new versions of iOS broke the game and the developer didn't have the resources to, or it wasn't making enough money to justify fixing it.

According to the last tweet from the developer, he was looking for work so I'm guessing iShoot wasn't making money anymore, and that was a couple of years ago. https://twitter.com/EthanNicholas/status/437955933855952896

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Try Pocket tanks,it's still very popular!

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Developers last Tweet made pretty clear that he had no interest anymore in keeping the App on the iTunes Store so I can only assume that he just did let run out his License as a Developer for the iTunes Store and in such a case Apple does remove the App from the AppStore Shelves.

If you have bought the Apps (iShoot,iShoot 2,...) back then you still should be able to download those, also I`m pretty sure it that iShoot or iShoot 2 won`t load up at all nowadays because of the changes since 2014.

The last thing I heard from Ethan was that he was working at Google. Not sure if that`s nowadays still the case so you probably will have to find it out on your own since I wasn`t following him anymore after he had stopped working on Mobile Games.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Welcome to the App Store. I've had a few titles do that. The one which I enormously regret having lost is Flatspace. I didn't have the IPA backed up, soooo... Life continues.

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    WTF?! If 'iPhone & iPad games - General Game Discussion and Questions' isn't the right place for something like this, then I don't know what is!? Weird post.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It was moved. It came from "iPhone and iPad games" ;)

11. myhc

myhc New Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Thank you everyone for your responses! Great to get some answers, yet sad to see it gone. I will try out that pocket tanks game.
    Weird, I thought I did post this in the discussions section. Thanks anyhoo, haha.