Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-04-2014, 05:12 PM
mr_bez mr_bez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 952
Default

Played to around level 38 then deleted. I liked the presentation, but it felt a bit repetitive. For me, it could do with introducing some new special rules later on, e.g. special stars which can't be used in a chain with another star.

There's little incentive to find an optimal solution either. Perhaps if each level showed the minimum number of moves it can be completed in or the game told you if you found the most efficient solution.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:05 PM
squashy squashy is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The Garden of Sinners
Posts: 1,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
Played to around level 38 then deleted. I liked the presentation, but it felt a bit repetitive. For me, it could do with introducing some new special rules later on, e.g. special stars which can't be used in a chain with another star.

There's little incentive to find an optimal solution either. Perhaps if each level showed the minimum number of moves it can be completed in or the game told you if you found the most efficient solution.
My thought exactly. Once you understand how this game works, it feels really easy. Basically, to gain 3 stars just make sure no dots are left untouched and all dots are grey and/or mini dots (by the use of stars). At first I thought your last move must go through every dot on screen, but it turns out you don't have to. The rule needs to be stricter to provide a challenge.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-05-2014, 01:36 PM
dwc's Avatar
dwc dwc is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 56
Default

Thanks again for the great feedback guys.
We will add more difficult levels in our next update! However this is kinda hard, for some people things get to hard very quickly while at the same time it is too easy for others.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Why not then make difficulty levels?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-05-2014, 02:13 PM
mr_bez mr_bez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwc View Post
Thanks again for the great feedback guys.
We will add more difficult levels in our next update! However this is kinda hard, for some people things get to hard very quickly while at the same time it is too easy for others.
That's the beauty of something like a target number of steps. It gives something to shoot for if you find the core level easy, but other users can ignore them.

You could even have different challenges or multiple challenges for each level: e.g. complete with only 40%, complete with 5 blues left, complete without 100% in 24 steps, complete with 100% in 28 steps...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-10-2014, 06:57 AM
dwc's Avatar
dwc dwc is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Why not then make difficulty levels?
We'll add more difficult levels with the next update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
That's the beauty of something like a target number of steps. It gives something to shoot for if you find the core level easy, but other users can ignore them.

You could even have different challenges or multiple challenges for each level: e.g. complete with only 40%, complete with 5 blues left, complete without 100% in 24 steps, complete with 100% in 28 steps...
We thought that we had this covered with the stars. If you don't collect all dots you only get one or two stars. In order to get all three stars you have to collect all dots.

We will add more difficult game mechanics in the coming update, we actually had quite a backlog of cool things we wanted to implement. But we really wanted to hit the christmas deadline.

Thanks for all the amazing feedback guys, there was again a lot to learn for us. Things like the game being to easy or 50 levels being to much in the free version.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent