Universal Dragon Fantasy - (by The Muteki Corporation)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Adam @ Muteki Corp Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Hmm, actually, I don't think I've ever done a method to actually de-equip an item without equipping something else. I'll add that to the list of things to do (also planning on switching to an inventory system that only shows one entry for all of one type of item, like "herb x 7" instead of seven "herb"s)... but in the meantime, you'll just have to shuffle items around - give that monster an iron sword instead and you'll get the diamond sword back for another one to equip.

2. Eloader

Eloader Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Hehe, if only I hadn't given it to another monster! :eek::D

I'll get by, thanks for the help.

3. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Most definitely. I'm beginning to question the financial decisions of this "Muteki Corporation". I mean - releasing so much extra content. And for free! And without IAP. And for so long after the initial release too!

What a crazy world. Can I give you guys another $3 (at least)? I'm starting to feel guilty as a customer...

EDIT: Wanted to add that I am definitely not being sarcastic or delusional. If you accept PayPal or something I'd like to donate a few more bucks to you guys.

4. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Haha, don't worry, we've got something new coming that'll definitely be worth another $3 - Dragon Fantasy is a labor of love that I've *had* to make - if I haven't mentioned it on this board yet, I started designing the game when I was 14... and I'm 31 now! But since you mentioned IAP... I had an idea this morning that maybe in a future chapter I might put in a store where you can just buy rare monsters to join your team rather than capturing them yourself... what do you guys think of an idea like that? Seems less money grubbing than what most people suggest - buying experience points, which I really don't want to do.

5. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Oh no IAP for this gem :(

6. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I was wondering if this game is going to be updated for retina at some point in the future? Just wondering, as a person who values their pixel sharpness in retro games. =)

Or is the reason I can't see the retina graphics because of that strange glitch that disables retina on iPod Touch 4Gs?... Dx

7. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    I'd rather see chapters as DLC than buying monsters to make the game easier. In most cases I don't really care, but here, the latter doesn't jive well with the oldschool theme of the game.

Some people might whine about having any DLC at all, but for substantial new content, anyone reasonable should understand that it takes time and effort to make, and that should be rewarded.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Walkthrough?

Has anyone written a walkthrough yet? I put off playing this game because I didn't know what to do next. And I love this game. So, I'm hoping there'll be a walkthrough that can help me find out where I'm at now and what to do next. So, has anyone come across a walkthrough?

Thanks for the help!

9. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    We're gonna add retina support probably in the next build - I wasn't that worried about it because I liked the slight fuzziness to the pixels, but I've got a new iPad coming on Friday and I wanna make sure it looks amazing on that puppy :)

Also, thinking about adding support for emulator filters like 2xSai and the like - any thoughts?

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Goonies?!

Hey Adam,

I've been meaning to ask, does Chest or the quote from Professor Copperpot in Anderson' story have any Influence from The Goonies??

I would love it if you ever released a list of inspirations for your names, quotes, and other nods to pop culture!

Continually loving the game still, even when I get stuck. ;)

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Hey Adam,

I just finished Ogden's quest. Are we able to import save games yet? And does that mean we'll be able to go through all chapters in one save slot?

Thanks!

12. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    #212 Adam @ Muteki Corp, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    Not yet - there aren't any chapters released that involve repeat characters. I'm working on something cool, though, I'll keep you guys posted :)

Oh, and Professor Copperpot is absolutely a reference to Chester Copperpot from Goonies :) Although Chest Manstrong is more of a mangled reference to the Venture Bros., kind of in-between Brock Sampson and Colonel Manstrong.

13. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
  14. Imaria

Imaria Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Just a question... Just started Jerald's quest, and he seems unable to equip anything sold in either the starting town, or the thieves cave. Is this intentional, or is there a bug I've run into?

15. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    A lot of the equipment for sale in those towns is actually for Ramona, rather than Jerald. All the ninja stuff is for her, while all the daggers and hats are for him.

16. Imaria

Imaria Member

Mar 19, 2012
    #216 Imaria, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    I guessed as much for the ninja gear, but even the daggers and hats show "J-NA" at the bottom where stat comparisons are shown. I even bought the Forged Dagger to see if I could equip it anyways, but it won't work.

Attached Files:

17. Adam @ Muteki Corp

Jul 1, 2009
    Crap... hmm, looks like there may be a bug there. We'll submit a new build in the next few days.

18. Crawdkenny

Crawdkenny New Member

Apr 1, 2012
    I just beat
    the boss in the volcano, and he said I'd never get the shield and jumped in the lava. I'm not sure what to do now.

19. Zeff520

Zeff520 New Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Four things:
    1) firstly just must say the game is awesome!
    2) where the hell is the **** healer?!?! (if anyone would tell me what todo here I'd appreciate it XD )
    3) Jerald cannot wear or equip anything from anywhere for me it seems so far...
    4) guy waaaay before, the Biggs and wedge thing at the beginning (I'm assuming) is because final fantasy's always had a Biggs and wedge, however minor. I'm pretty sure that wasn't star wars...

20. Comambo

Comambo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    +$2.99 to you sah!