any app marketing agency?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Elynn, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Elynn

Elynn Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Did anyone cooperate with any app marketing agency? :confused: It's so difficult to handle all the app marketing when it turns to a unfamiliar market. Any recommendation?

2. Beginning iOS Dev

Beginning iOS Dev Active Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I've never used them personally but I've heard some good things about iSpreadNews and Essential App Marketing. If you're looking for cheaper options, you can look at PRMac

3. Afftor

Afftor Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Game Designer
    don't bother

All PRMac or iSpreadnews or such do is basically spam review sites and journalists with your press-release. It's cheap, but it doesn't work, at least it doesn't work good enough.

If you want to work with agency, you could consider guys like Appency, TriplePointPR or Appular. But those cost a lot, and they can not guarantee you commercial success - only effort.

So I guess simple choice is looking for a publisher - at least that's what I decided for myself when faced with similar choice.

4. FlowStudioGames

FlowStudioGames Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    prMac

I would recommend to use only basic prMac service (not paid services) because as mentioned earlier it is mostly spam to review sites. On the other hand it helps you with link building, some sites automatically publish your press release with link to your site.

I am currently discussing cooperation with Appency and Appular who both have good track record and so far look professional.

5. alanappromoter

alanappromoter Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    app promoter
    London
    We have a free service for developers to get their games in front of the media. appromoter.com. Can register for free. Can upload your app and your media assets for free. Only criteria for the app to go live on the site is quality:)

We also offer additional services if people require them...

Anything I can help with: [email protected]

6. Dragon Game Studio

Dragon Game Studio Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Hi Alan,

The services your company offers look interesting :) I also like the tips you gave away in your Top Ten Tips Booklet, good stuff.

I don't know if you can tell me, but I'll ask anyway: how many registered journalists / media account do you guys have?

We are a few months away of releasing our first game, and will most likely contact you when we are about to start promoting it.

Thanks in advance!

Jonas

7. alanappromoter

alanappromoter Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    app promoter
    London
    Hi Jonas,

No worries:) Always happy to help.

We currently have around 500 journalists registered on the site. We have a newsletter that goes out weekly to them which includes noteworthy apps and industry news.

We only officially launched in July and have seen the site grow very quickly and are looking at doing a big push to get more media signed up over the next few weeks.

Would love to get involved with marketing your app so keep in touch and let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Kind regards,
    Alan

p.s. easier to get me on email [email protected] or skype alanappromoter:)

8. Dragon Game Studio

Dragon Game Studio Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Thanks for the info Alan!

Will hit you up on the mentioned email when it's time :)