Best FPS Poll

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Supercow, Jan 7, 2010.

?

What is the best FPS?

1. Nova

41 vote(s)
    69.5%
  2. Cod zombies

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Modern combat: sandstorm

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Brothers in arms

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  5. Eliminate

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Supercow

Supercow Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Best fps on the AppStore

2. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    I have all but bia

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    BIA=3rd Person Shooter. ;)

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The poll is missing The Infinity Project. Not as polished as Nova, but longer and more challenging.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    And with no sense of direction.

6. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    The greatest game has got to be NOVA. It has excellent graphics, great controls, a great multiplayer experience, and it is polished.

By the way, Brothers in Arms is a 3rd Person Shooter (so many people fail to realize that! :p).

Eliminate is the best multiplayer game, however, it has no story mode. The detail to your characater is great but there's no story mode.

Modern Combat Sandstorm is fun, but has a broken multiplayer and the story mode isn't as long as NOVA's. Besides, I prefer sci-fi type shooters.

COD Zombies is a fun pick up and play game that features online. It is polished, has good controls, and graphics. I usually play a round or two every now and then. It's fun, but again, no story mode.

NOVA has everything, making it the best first person shooter on the iPhone.

7. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies!

I would go with Eliminate 100% on this poll but due to the lifeless offline practice mode with no choice in weapons, AI settings, and armor...My vote goes to C.o.D. Zombies. The polish and sounds are epic. I really feel like i am playing the console version and it's just as fun offline for me; plus my preference is co-op in just about any multiplayer offered game.

I love Eliminate and always will. It serves its purpose for online deathmatch games in quick spurts as intented. Once NGMOCO can address the offline even as simple as whats stated so people can at least test out weapons/armor and hone they're skills before they buy. A simple team deathmatch mode or even co-op survival I have to stick to my guns. No disrespect ngmoco but these simple things implemented can and will make a hell of a difference. ;)

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I'm sorry! Forgot that some people need a big green arrow to tell them how to play a game. ;)

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    There's no sense in playing a game you won't enjoy and lack 20x the polish of another one you love.

10. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    where is doom?

11. albie09

albie09 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    poor controls

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Personally, I'm having more fun with the Infinity Project than with the single player campaign in Nova. As visually impressive as Nova is, the gameplay doesn't really vary that much from level to level. It's all fastballs -- no curveballs. The Infinity Project throws you a mean slider every once in a while.

As far as polish is concerned, I wouldn't say that the difference is 20 to 1.

Of course, Nova has multiplayer, which makes a big difference for many people. Personally, I liked it a lot the first few times I jumped in. Then I tried the ice map and got sick getting killed without a chance to defend myself -- cheats seem to be out of control. But I'm willing to give it another chance.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Have you tried the updated version? The controls are just as good as Nova -- to the point where you can play without auto-target.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    +1 to that.

15. sikichi

sikichi Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    日本人
    its anyone decision!!

my vote is eliminate!!

more expirience player, fast phase game, the best fps you can play both wifi/3G, no story but many customized armor and weapon to choose from

its like combat arms, modern warfare

16. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    My vote would be The Infinity Project
    there controls are good
    and the story too

17. benj

benj Member

Sep 3, 2009
    this.

18. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

19. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I've only played CoD, BIA and Desert. BIA got fiddly after a while and I gave up; but fun while it lasted. Desert was boring I thought! CoD is great! I always come back to it, like it offline and online so it gets my vote.

20. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    COD hands down. I own all of them, and have gotten the most play out of COD. I mean I got it on release day and I still play it at least once a day. While Nova was better than expected, it only got a week of play, and still has far less character and charm than COD.