Super Meebo's Epic 2D Platform Adventure Will Re-Write App Store History

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PixelPower, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PixelPower

PixelPower Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    So how much was sales increase after the free promotion?

2. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
  3. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    StreetfightX vs Tekken I would say. Actually I would want my game up there but ....

4. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Thanks alot for the support. Ok guys Iam ranked #281 in adventure catagory as of last night and I want to crack into the top 100 . If you guys can help me , when I update the game I will double the amout of levels. If you have twitter please tweet this

#iPhone #faad Limons Epic Quest ( Castlevania type game) Free 1 day only http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/limons-epic-quest/id557792356?mt=8 …

Thanks again for your support guys!!

5. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    As long as its downloaded it doesnt matter if its device or itunes on computer. If you could leave a 4 or 5 star review that would be helpful also. Thanks alot for the support!! So far the game shows up in the adventure sub-catagory at #27 and in the action sub-catagory at #44 . Keep downloading and please tweet the game to your friends!! Iam trying to crack the main catagory and hopefully I make it there tonight.

Please tweet

#iphone Limons Epic Quest ( Castlevania type game) Free 1 day only http://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/limons-epic-quest/id557792356?mt=8 …

6. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Well Apple seems to reward developers releasing paid games. That said if your game gets downloaded enough it should show up in the new section even if its free. I released Limons Epic Quest as a paid game, now its free for a limited time. Because the downloads were high enough it shows at #27 in new adventure and #44 in new action catagory.
    I hope this answered your question , plus if you could download my game each download counts!! Thank you!!

7. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    #547 PixelPower, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Thanks I have already started on working on the main charactor graphics. Here is a photo of the old Limon and the new Limon. Also Iam working on maybe adding the whip instead of a sword , I will make the zombies slower and make the knights have less hit points. I will also look into adding a couple of levels. Thanks for the feedback!!

Attached Files:

8. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    A week paid before going free and 241 downloads in the US store.

9. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    App annie changes everyday so posting a link to it is useless you of all people should know that. Its better to direct people and actually explain the app annie process to better serve other developers questions.

App annie tracks daily app rankings. Now when my game Limons epic quest went free , it moved up alot in the rankings then when you switch to paid app annie resets.

Go to this page and click on rank history

http://www.appannie.com/app/ios/limons-epic-quest/ranking/#view=ranks&date=2012-09-22

You might have to sign up to view rank history, the sign up process is simple and very little steps. You can use app annie to track your games and apps also. Mr.Ugly try to be more informative when you post , your a senior member and should conduct yourself as such.

10. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Thanks for the info PikPok , does any other developer have info on this subject to share?

11. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Haha thanks for the laugh I need it today after I looked at my sales report and cried. Iam starting to think when you go free , downloads of your game paid completely stop , but I was hoping someone would change my mind.

I had release some games in the past and whenever I go free that immediatetly kills my paid game sales. Its almost as if people are using the price watching sites more than sites like toucharcade. If thats the case we cannot go free anymore, just go from $2.99-$6.99 download to 99 cents.

I noticed latetly the trend is to open a site that shows paid games for.

12. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Let just say games like tiny wings would have never made it to top the charts since the developer did no promotion. Yes the new releases section does help because after 5-6 days sales start to drop, thats because its moved down the list in new releases section.
    After that the only way to promote a game is to change the price or have a free app that points to your paid app.

For free games new releases is almost like getting featured because you will get downloaded a ton just because your game loooks interesting and is free. There are a ton of games high in the rankings that never were promoted like 3D cartoon land and super marik.

13. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Yes but not the 1st day when tiny wings jumped on the charts. Also 3D cartton land and super marik never got featured but got on the charts. There are tons of new releases that actually chart that havent done any promotions. Those will cease to exist now .

14. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    I answered someone else about this new list and how to get on. The new list seems to be driven directly by download count. When I had a put a game free for a temporary time and the downloads went high, mystically my game appeared in the new list , even though it wasnt new. So to get on new list your download number must jump , it works similar to the whats hot list.

Go on itunes on the mac and go to the new list in the adventure catagory. You will see my game Limons Epic Quest at number #60 on that list today September 24 . The highest I was able to reach was #27 and that was f#ing tough. I had to promte all day , which I dont have the time to do most days.
    I had to get 241 downloads one day and 357 next day to reach that high so its pretty tough. I have no marketing money , which puts me at a disadvantage.

15. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    Why are all my posts going to one thread, Moderators I need your help PLEASE!!

Alright a couple of months ago Hoddapp said my posts will be put in one thread I presume because because of an online disagreement with some other members. Its been months and I been posting and trying to help answer questions and well as promote my games at same time. Now all of a sudden my posts are thrown back into the super meebo thread. There was no arguement , no disagreement, nothing went wrong. Why is it Iam getting punished for no reason now? Its almost as if Hoddapp is trying to bait me into getting mad and going on a rant. I think that unfair since I havent done anything wrong in the last couple of months. Its like Hoddapp is just messing with me to see how I will react ,which isnt very nice at all. I already apologize to him in the past, I dont know what more does he want from me?

16. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    well 200-300 free downloads a day is pretty low.. not sure how you see that as high..

and thoose subcategory feature list are well.. pretty pointless since they are rarely frequented.. and yes even tiny amounts of downloads nets you a place there.. which is pointless anyway..

17. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    OK I just found out I need an administrators help becuase of Hodapps rank. Can I please get some help on this subject, he is picking on me for no reason now. Its like whenever Hodapp feels like it he ####s with me. Is this his website or does someone else hold ownership that can help me please. Thank you!!

18. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    You are pretty much fooked.

Rule 1 of TouchArcade. DO NOT PISS OFF ANY OF THE SITE EMPLOYEES. Moderators, Admins, Janitors, Writers, Spam Police. Bat out of Hell.

19. PixelPower

Jun 23, 2012
    No there has got to be hope, I mean doesnt any Moderators or Admins talk to each other. I just want to talk to Hodapp and find out what I did wrong now but there is no answer. He never answers when I ask him what I am supposed to do, but if I send a heated message he will answer. Hodapp is just being very unreasonable with me, thats why I need someone else to talk sense into him.

20. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I explained to you before that I'm tired of banning every new account you create, so you can keep this one but you're only allowed to post in this thread. Nothing has changed. You're still not welcome here, which you've yet to figure out even though we've banned you more times than I can count and corralled all of your posts in this thread.