How well do you look after your iphone?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TotallyImba, Dec 8, 2010.

1. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    #1 TotallyImba, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
    I keep getting moaned at by friends and my girlfriend as I always clean it using a cloth and dont throw it around (like most of my friends do)

Just interested really, obvious due to general use, it is going to eventually get scratched. does anyone else try to keep theirs in prestine condition?

2. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Wiping it with a cloth every so often at home is probably normal. If you obsessively wipe it in the middle of face to face conversations or during dinner when eating out, you might consider seeking help.

3. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    Throw it around? Why the heck would anyone consider throwing their $500 iPhone around normal? If you ask me, it's quite the contrary. You'd be stupid not to treat it with care.

4. BumbleBeez

BumbleBeez Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Mine lives in an OtterBox case, so all I have to wipe is the screen.

When I have to take it out of the case, I do wipe it down really well before I put it back.

I have one of those "replaced, no questions asked" insurance policies on it, so between that and the OtterBox, I don't exactly handle it with kid gloves, but I don't intentionally beat the crap out of it. Replaced or not, it's a pain in the tail to have to get a new phone!

5. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I am very careful with my iPhone when it's outside the Speck PixelSkin case.

When it's inside, well I just treat it with a little respect but I don't OCD about it. I tend to wipe the screen a lot though because I have wet hands.

6. Kai555

Kai555 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Student
    I hardly remove it from the case. Occasionally clean the screen due to sweat.

7. Versago

Versago Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    lol I super protect mine, it has a hard case on the inside, a silicone case on the outside, a touch screen protector on the screen so it doesn't get scratched. so far there isn't a single scratch on mine :D. and yeah I sometimes wipe it but my anti fingerprint screen protector kinda keeps all the prints off.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hard case but no screen protector.
    I spray + wipe my screen almost daily. Every few weeks I also take it out of the case and wash the case and wipe the back of the iPod before placing it back in. Only dropped it 2 times so far, and they were pretty light. I've learned to treat my 4th gen well after destroying my 2nd gen.

9. alchemistrpm

alchemistrpm Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I remember dropping my iPhone 3G (no case) face down onto a glass coffee table. Neither the phone nor the table survived that little incident. :eek:

My iPhone 4 has been in a case more than 99 percent of the time. Like others, I clean the screen compulsively with a cloth meant for glasses and no spray. The only time I remove it is occasionally when I'm home, and I use the opportunity to wipe down the phone and inside of the case. I also use a Qtip for dusting the profile switch and dock connector lol.

Between the 3G and iP4 I switched from negligence to a kind of compulsion. :)

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    ouch your first one suffered worse than my 2nd gen lol..I dropped that thing so many times that 1) the accelerometer broke, no tilt registration whatsoever for anything. 2) the power button broke so I had to use a pen or sharp object to restart it. 3) it froze continuosly at the worst times because I damaged hardware through dropping it too many times. Also, it was an 8GB. Now I have a 32 GB 4th gen iTouch, and it was a gift so I treat it with plenty of care.

11. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    i have a screen protector on my 3gs but that has quite a few notable scrathces on it. i commonly drop the phone onto soft things such as chairs or bed, but not hard things. It always has a case on except when i have to plug in the obnoxiously large Audio in cable for my stereo. underneath the case and the screen protecter though my phone is in quite good nick.
    on my old ipod touch i kept that in good condition too only i had it for ages and the power button got stubborn from overuse and wouldn't recognize most presses.

12. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I let it have a bath sometimes.

13. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    From the first day i bought my iphone i have goood quality screen protector also incase slider case for iphone in white colour

14. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I don't use a screen protector, but I take very good care not to scratch the screen. I have a case that covers the back and side and I clean the screen with a microfibre cloth about twice a day and I take the iPhone out of the case and wash the case every month.
    So yeah, I take pretty good care of it. After all it, is my most prized electronic possession (or should I say obsession? :p)

15. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    In the process of destroying my 3GS at the moment haha. The battery life is pretty incredible for the amount of usage this thing has seen.