CARROT, the sadistic AI construct

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bmueller, Feb 23, 2013.

1. bmueller

bmueller Active Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Antarctica
    #1 bmueller, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

CARROT is a sadistic AI construct embedded in a todo list. You keep her happy by getting stuff done in real life. She'll reward you. But be careful! Slackers make CARROT upset. You do NOT want to make CARROT upset.

With Version 2.0, CARROT is now the first todo list that upgrades itself with new features as you use it. Level up and unlock app upgrades, mini-games, and a branching, episodic story. To read about how games inspired the unlockables feature in this update, check out CARROT's blog. She finally puts the game back in gamification.

I've got big plans for CARROT's future. Her next update, for example, will feature full Game Center integration - she'll be the first todo list with social leaderboards, so you can compete with your friends, family, and Internet strangers to see who's king/queen of completing tasks.

Don't piss CARROT off - download her immediately! :)

2. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Is this considered a game? :p

I have it, level 50, really weird and fun.

3. bmueller

bmueller Active Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Antarctica
    At this point, I'd honestly say it's more game than todo list. :)

4. bmueller

bmueller Active Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Antarctica
    #4 bmueller, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    And, with what I've got planned, it's only going to get more game-like. Game Center leaderboards and achievements are going to go live in the next 2 weeks, and I'll be adding full-on mini-games that you'll get to play as a reward for getting stuff done (the mini-games that are included now are fairly simple - a word scramble, quiz questions, and a "CAPTCHA").

Oh, and not to mention there's a full-fledged episodic story. Two chapters are included in the current version, with more coming soon. CARROT has over two thousand lines of dialogue right now :)

Todo lists are dull and boring; I'm trying to make CARROT more entertaining than most games!

5. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Carrot murdered my cat sludge and a person and dumped him to the cafeteria. She's an a-hole.

6. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Lol I have no chance of playing fair in this game, I will most likely just make them up and say I completed them... Lol :p any chance for iPad support (I understand why it is more for iPhone, but thought I would ask anyway.) This does look REALLY cool. I think I'll get it, and who knows? Maybe I'll actually get more things done! XD

7. bmueller

bmueller Active Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Antarctica
    I definitely want to do an iPad version at some point, though people would expect to be able to sync their tasks between the iPhone and iPad versions, and implementing iCloud is a bit of a pain. So that'll be the big factor delaying the iPad version. I hope to get started on that after I get 1 or 2 more updates of the iPhone version in.

Enjoy! :)

8. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Thanks! This is really neat! Best todo list out there. Lol This, like a review I read said, reminds me a ton of the robot from portal, can't remember the name, but she always had something nasty to say lol. Great app!

9. bmueller

bmueller Active Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Antarctica
    GLaDOS and CARROT had a thing once. It did not end well. There was cake everywhere!

10. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Hahaha! XD