Fruit Ninja -> FREE (2 Year Anniversary) Redeem now

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by niezam, May 22, 2012.

1. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Keep getting error you need to redeem at anniversary website thing... wth I'm already on it

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Same. Guess I will continue to not own this game.

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Couldnt have said it any better myself. I have played it before on a friends device. Do I want it free? Sure, why not. Do I want it for $0.99? No, why? Even if I download it there is a very good chance it will never get played. I have spent hundreds on games and have so many games that I havent even seen the splash screen on.. its not even funny.

4. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Yep, the site is still glitched, I get the same message

5. Foamy

Foamy Member

Nov 22, 2010
    maybe the giveaway is not for real?

6. humancannonball

Jan 11, 2012
    Glad I'm not the only one suffering from Digital Hoarder Syndrome. I've eased off lately, but most times I see a game I'm interested in go on sale, I buy it whether I intend to play it right away or...eventually. This is made worse by my nostalgia for arcade games and old console ports. During holiday sales I've purchased practically every App Store game by EA, Sega, Namco, or whichever developer is peddling their wares.

7. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I got a code, so it's real. Also, Halfbrick wouldn't lie due to Fruit Ninja going free being a big deal (grammar?) :| I think it's the fact that iTunes only lets a developer have a handful of codes per game a month. They've saved up codes for the game these past two years for this moment, and they dried up. That's my guess for now.

8. humancannonball

Jan 11, 2012
    I had to try a bunch of times to get a code that wasn't already used. I figured it might have been more along the lines of the high traffic the site has been receiving, which had the server down when I was first trying to access it. If each person is assigned a time code, and multiple people are trying to access the promotion at the same time, they could possibly receive the same code.

9. Foamy

Foamy Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Yea, it's for real. I just got a code. Thanks for the giveaway Halfbrick!

10. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    This has been a non-stop puzzle on my end. The first day, every code that came up was already redeemed. Then the code page redirected to the main anniversary page, then the anniversary page came up without the offer. Now the anniversary page is gone and it redirects to the main Fruit Ninja website with nary a mention of the anniversary at all. I would've liked getting a code for this, as I'm one of the few who doesn't have it. People are still posting about getting codes successfully, and I have no idea how they manage to. Wacky stuff. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm all ears. :)

11. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Redeem what?
    Am I the only missing this? I clicked both links and there is no redeem button anywhere. :(

12. humancannonball

Jan 11, 2012
    It seems that either the promotion is over, or the available codes have been taken for the time being. If the site does come back up and is giving expired codes, I suggest clearing cookies, and refreshing. I had to do this 10 times or more yesterday until it gave me a code that worked.

13. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    In m opinion, they should have just made the game free for a day. Makes it easier for everyone. Oh well no fruit ninja for me

14. El_Cid

El_Cid Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Romania
    wow - great promotion... NOT

15. AceWizard

AceWizard Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Studying to become an Electrician
    Sweden
    I agree, it would just be alot more easy for everyone.

16. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    oh just drop the coin for the dang game, its one of the best portable games ever made and well worth a dollar or two...

17. opq

opq Member

Oct 9, 2011
    #57 opq, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Site is down.. likely overloaded.. If someone has a spare code they don't need and can PM me that'd be awesome too!

18. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
  19. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Dang it the code has already been used :/

20. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    GUYS! All you gotta do is keep goung to the anniversary website and if the code doesnt work clear your cookies!!!! Keep on doing it until it downloads. Trust me! Im downloading it now!