Ice Math Ninja $2.99 -> FREE - Winner of 10 Best Technology Award 2013

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Jorge., Sep 30, 2013.

1. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #1 Jorge., Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    UPDATE: Ice Math Ninja is FREE from Nov 5th until Nov 7th, as we just received a new Award: "Family Choice Award for 2013" in the Technology and Apps category.

Hi All,

Ice Math Ninja has just received a "10 Best Technology Award" of 2013 and "100 Best Toys Award" of 2013, from Dr. Toy!

To celebrate, Ice Math Ninja will be FREE until wednesday October 2nd.
    Please download from http://pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_imn_app.html and if you like it, we would appreciate a positive review.

Ice Math Ninja is an innovative action game that is based around math concepts. The game makes math fun by turning regular math expressions into amazing "Powers" that the player can obtain. Achievements such as "PLUS Power", "MULTIPLY Power", "INFINITY Power", change the game dynamics with fun animations and bonus points.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

MediaKit available here: http://www.pers.com/presskit/press-imn.zip

Enclosed is a "Walking Dead" inspired ad for the Ice Math Ninja ;)

[​IMG]

2. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Sorry, but i have found this game in itune. US store, and ipad version is 1.99, not free?

3. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #3 Jorge., Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  4. Looks well made for kids.

5. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thank you, Connector :)
    We recently got approved for the "Made for Kids" section at Apple ... they are very strict ...

6. I used to download alot of games like this for one of my nieces, nowadays she's older so not so much, but games like this are great for kids to teach them too about education.

I downloaded the game, and it looks good. Good luck with it.

7. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thank you!
    FYI, this game is also fun for grown ups ;)

Try playing it in "Lighting Round" mode, after you get some PowerUps. You should have some fun ;)

Jorge

8. That is true.

9. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Thanks, get for my kid.

10. cdbaksu

cdbaksu Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    So it's Fruit Ninja but with numbers...

11. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    #11 Jorge., Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    Yes, it is! ;)

It started as a simple Corona SDK template project, as I was learning Lua programming. The template was based on Fruit Ninja.

Then I started adding more and more things until the game became quite complex. I then gave it an educational twist.

Don't worry my next big project is completely original ;)

Jorge

12. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I see. Will wait for your next project. Good luck, Jorge.

13. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
  14. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hi All,

Ice Math Ninja just received another award :)
    This time IMN has received the "Family Choice Award for 2013" in the Technology and Apps category.

We are celebrating this win by making our Ice Math Ninja FREE from Nov 5th until Nov 7th.

You can download it from: http://pers.com/a/pr/pookie_tushka_imn_app.html

I invite you to download our app and, if you like it, I would appreciate your help spreading the word about our app.

Thanks,

Jorge

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    The game looks great for kids but I'm skeptical with all the different versions on the AppStore. As far as I can tell, they all offer IAPs too. Can the developer explain why there are so many different versions? Plus, when I scroll through them on my phone in the AppStore, the name gets truncated so they all kind of look alike and I can't figure out which is the "real" premium version.

16. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Hi Jibba,

You have a point with the multiple versions and this is something that I am trying to figure out.

I created different versions to figure out which categories sell better and which price points may work better (free with ads, or cheap with IAP, or "premium").

Also, Apple recently created the "Just for Kids" area and they rejected my apps because they had external links to my eBooks and IAP purchases and they did not give any guidelines about how correctly submit apps with links/IAP. So I had to create an additional version with no IAP and no external links so I can be allowed in the "Just for Kids"

There is also a "Zero" version that is different from the regular version (has different power ups, obstacles, etc)

I am trying to figure out which versions to cut out of the store to avoid confusion.

Jorge

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Thank you for the response Jorge. I still have some confusion but I will at least take a look at them on my CPU (rather than just on my phone) before asking anymore questions. I look forward to letting my kids try this out, although they are not yet in kindergarten so it may be a bit advanced for them. Either way, it looks great and I know they'll grow into it.

18. Jorge.

Jorge. Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Game Developer/Designer
    Miraflores, Lima, Perú
    Thanks, Jibba. Please try the games and feel free to give me feedback about what do you usually prefer to buy for your kids (a 4 dollar premium app, a 1 dollar app with In-App-Purchases, or a Free with Ads and IAP).

Thanks, Connector.
    Not too late. But I won't have something to test for a couple of months at least, I'll let you know.

I do have another game coming for testing in about a month and I will need feedback. I'll keep you posted :)

Jorge

19. born2tech

born2tech Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Premium with IAP?

I am confused as well. The link takes you to a "Premium Edition" but it still has $5 of in-app purchases. Wouldn't a premium version, especially a kid-safe one , include all features and not require any additional in-app purchases?