Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha I did the same, my full book is on a shelf.

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    So I booted the game up today to give it another shot from yesterday's crash...

And what do you know? Apparently the crash also cleared my entire craft book as well. Nice...

Oh, have reinforced doors made it into this version? I could really use some...

3. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Yes, but I think it's spelled s-a-l-m-o-n-e-l-l-a. ;)

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    So what's the deal with these chests?

[​IMG]

They look kinda... Meh.

Why can't we create chests like this?

[​IMG]

Now THAT I would actually be proud to put into my mansion...

5. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Has the patch that contains the fix for older devices been submitted yet?

6. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    I am impressed - for someone who has had so many crashes you sure do build your inventory back up pretty fast!

I am just starting to get gold and just found my first turquoise chest!

7. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No.

Here, bookmark this link: http://forum.pixbits.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8

This the official post from the devs themselves where they chronicle exactly what they're working on, what they've managed to get done, and what has been submitted.

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
  9. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    So i just had a crash where i lost my inventory.Annoying enough since i just used my last mithril for some tools,but also all recipes i regathered after the update are now gone.I'm a sad miner.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Hehe, thank you!

I've learned from the crashes, I save often and made a spare chest in my shed with several sets of gold tools, some wood and essentials. The worst thing to lose is torches though (nearly 1,000), as I burn through coal insanely fast while making all the ingots, etc, even before I think about torches.

11. Pixbits

Pixbits Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2011
    We added a strong backup function and fixed many other crashes, everything will come together with old devices fix (we'll deploy last test build in a short so that we'll check eventual feedback and send it to Apple).

Believe it or not we are really doing our best to improve game experience and stability (unfortunately we won't make in time to polish hold to break for this version, but old devices must be satisfied first).

12. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #712 Echoseven, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    Looking forward to it! My backup chest isn't going anywhere anytime soon though. :rolleyes:

I think you've done a great job with the patches so far - you've even managed to sneak in new features (new craft book) on top of bug fixes. Well done from me!

Speaking as a user of a device that has no problems with Junk Jack, I say older devices can wait. :p

Edit:
    This is quite a specific question, but when can I get my hands on a reinforced door? I simply must differentiate my entryway with other rooms in the mansion.

13. iEatYoChicken

iEatYoChicken Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Did the build for the 2g iTouch users sent out yet cuz I pm'd Pixbits yesterday and still have not received the build. :(

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Damn. I understand that you need to get older devices working, but you have to understand that your older players are seriously suffering here. I jumped on the purchase because I read that you had promised that was incoming straight away.

I have become more and more addicted to the game, which is a good thing! But it kills me to spend any time on it, too. It's a very double edged sword.

On another note, please implement cloud saving. If I go somewhere without my iPad, I would very much like to still access my game. I know you are able to download the info through iTunes, but it would be so awesome to do it via the cloud. Is that possible?

15. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Quite cool - I don't have enough gold to build much at the moment.

The different chests? You just substitute for the wood blocks? Can you make stone ones? that is about the only thing I have (copper too) to excess at the moment.

Coal I get from just breezing though the third world now and again. I have left that one undeveloped and delete it when I pillage the top later. World 1 is my main world with my house and all; and World 2 is my underground world where I have been digging as much as I can without having to resurface. Trying to completely explore the Mayan ruins at the moment, found one piece of statue so motivated to find the other two!

Speaking of statues - do they stand on the ground or sit on a shelf?

16. skatelakai117

skatelakai117 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    lol seriously suffering?...What about those who bought the game with 2gen devices on the first day but cannot play it yet.

Honestly the game hasn't been out for too long and they're doing a great job with updates for bugfixes as well as content. I think we should appreciate there hard work instead of whining about having to wait a little bit longer for something.

17. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I had no problems until the update. I've now crashed and lost everything three times today. iPad2 running 5.0. I have to stop playing until this is fixed. Crud.

18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Here's the guardian at the entrance to my mansion. (The mansion is undecorated atm, as I'm still undecided whether to expand it or not).

[​IMG]

19. Barak

Barak Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yes. I don't know about stone, but you can make them with Iron, Copper, Silver, Gold or Mithril ingots when you are near the forge. They look cool, but I can't wait to actually improve the space inside with the better ones (too many duplicate treasures!

On the ground. I have pieces of 3 different statues so far. How many different ones has anyone found?

Speaking of treasures:
    Beyond the tons of gems and jewelry, I found some cool weird "treasures" like soda cans, bones, goldfish, a toy mushroom and a CPU. Anything else anyone found that is neat?

20. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I've found a Tetris block, a floppy disc, a fish (a teaser of lakes in future updates?), and a Pac-Man ghost.
    :p
    After the update, the crafting book is useless. This makes it a treasure that early adopters can display with pride in their treasure rooms. :)