Reconnecting to OpenFeint with a new device?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Feb 21, 2010.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Alright, I searched and couldn't find any threads directly dealing with this, so here goes:

Two days ago I was sitting in my buddy's house, shooting the breeze when I realized I hadn't had a phone call in about an hour and a half...somethings wrong *Oh Shit; WHERES MY PHONE?!*...

Long story short, when I had got out of my car, my phone which had carelessly been laying in my lap, had fallen into the almost 6 inches of snow that fell a few days before:(.

Today (two days is a loooong time without my iPhone!) I upgraded from my 8 gig, iPhone 3G to a sparkling, awesome, new 16 gig iPhone 3Gs:)

Now I've posted this here in the Game Discussion forum because my other games that have social networks (Plus+, Crystal etc.) just let me login with my username and password, however OpenFeint refuses any access to my profile w/o logging in from my old device which is very much incapacitated.

I had several friends, top scores and achievements that I really can't just duplicate easily. I sent OF a email almost 24 hours ago and nothing:( I'm probably just being impatient, but it seems that being probably the most established, longest running iDevice social network; you'd think OpenFeint would have a system in place to painlessly deal with converting to a new device. Oh, and I had just broke 10,000 OF points too!

I was hoping someone whose dealt with this could comment if they were able to retrieve their old account or tell me if I'm just S.O.L.

Thanks,

Richard

2. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

I have no idea about the openfeint question but am sorry to hear about your phone. Does that mean you lose all your game data ?

3. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    What do you mean by "game data"? If you're referring to progress, unlockables etc., then yes, in my case I did:( although it's still logged in the social networks. I just have to play through any games again to finish and open any other achievements and such on Agon, Plus+ and others.

I had that 3G since September of '08, so it served me well:D

Richard

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    The only reason OF wouldn't let you log into your account on your new device is because you never set up your account with an email/password access to it? You just had it enabled on that device right?

The reason you haven't gotten a email back yet I'd assume is because it's the weekend and they work during normal business hours. Expect a response probably on monday.

5. RiverOnFire

RiverOnFire Well-Known Member

Hey Rich. Sorry you jacked up your phone but at least you've got a much faster one now. Right!!! :)

I replaced my phone a bit ago too and didn't have any issues. But after thinking about it a little while I realized I did something a little funky when I first accessed OF on my new device. What I did was accidentally created a new ID by enabling OF in a game. After I realized I had done that I simply added my old account to OF then deleted the new one I had created.

Anyway I hope this helps. Good luck!

6. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA

Yeah, I think?! I tried my most used email/password combos and it actually went through, but with a different OF username. :confused: and you're probably right, week-ends a bust for me. I'm having OF withdrawls!

@ROF, that's the only good thing to come of this;) and yes, I love how much better/faster my 3Gs is. Some games that I found almost unplayable before are smooth and enjoyable now.