Plague Inc. Problem

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Twinky808, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Twinky808

Twinky808 New Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hi all.

Since the most recent update I'm having a massive problem with Plague Inc. With all the plague types (not just virus) it's now costing me DNA points to devolve symptoms. This of course makes the game almost impossible to complete on all plague types. This is only happening since I updated the game last week. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it meant to be like this now since the update? I can't find anything anywhere about this so I'm just looking for some advice. Thanks in advance :)

2. Silverous

Silverous Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I was stuck in Brutal for Nanotech and Bioweapon before the update. I have not tried other virus types since I updated... so I can't really say.. but I did observe that happening in Nanotech and Bioweapon, cost me DNA points to de-evolve... which yup you are right.. seems even more challenging to win.

3. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Hey - it isn't a problem - it is intentional and it is definitely still possible to win!

I noticed that a lot of players were feeling forced to devolve all non needed evolutions in order to maximise their DNA and be as efficient as possible.

Therefore, I changed it so that each time you devolve, you get 1 less DNA points from doing so. i.e. you get DNA points for the first 2 devolves, then it is neutral for the next one and after that it costs you. Each time you devolve, it takes -1 off the DNA gain.

4. Twinky808

Twinky808 New Member

Sep 7, 2012
    So it's meant to be like that now? Right, ok. I figured it was probably an intentional change to make the game more challenging but I couldn't find anything anywhere that mentioned this. Guess I'm gonna have to re-think all my strategies now lol. Thanks for the reply :)

5. Silverous

Silverous Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It's tough on brutal!
    But still want to say this.... Awesome game! XD

6. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

7. llavoie

llavoie New Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Does this behavior affected by the Translesion+ and Ionised Helix gene?