Sword & Sworcery help thread, OH DEAR GOD THE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Videotape, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Videotape

Videotape Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    #1 Videotape, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    in an attempt to keep the official thread as spoiler free as possible, ask questions here and i'll be glad to answer, as im sure the rest of us who've finished the game will be glad to help as well.

2. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    nice thread title ;)

3. taavilez

taavilez New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    How do I summon the sylvan sprites?

4. thekellen

thekellen Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Use the song of sworcery. If you see the sylvan sprite light bubbles, tap and hold the hero. You will see a blue aura circle go around her. After the aura is in place, you need to solve a different puzzle for each sprite. If you get stuck on a puzzle, eating a mushroom will provide very subtle hints.

SPOILER:
    For example, there is a sylvan sprite by the eight worthless sheep. Use sworcery and then tap on the sheep. If I remember correctly, the sheep are in pairs based on how they look and you have to match the pairs by tapping.

5. rexjak

rexjak New Member

May 29, 2009
    I just started chapter 2 and I'm totally stuck. there is the locked door to the gate, and nowhere to go. what am I missing?

6. Videotape

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    is it the the locked door that logfella opens for u in the first chapter? u need to get that key from exploring side b.

you do that by going inside the hut and sitting by the fire and touching the record. if its a different key your looking for then thats still where you find it :D

sorry i dont have the ipad i borrowed to play this anymore, so im bound to be less helpful.

7. Imo

Imo New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    So I'm on session 3, but can't for the life of me find what I need to do to get the dark moon trigon. I wandered around the dream world looking for some sign for about an hour last night and tried everything I could think of. I've already gotten all the sprites as well.

I'm guessing I'm missing something really obvious here though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8. Videotape

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    hmmm... i cant remember exactly, but if you got all the sprites from the dream world in the dark moon phase, then you should just walk out onto the water that connects the two land masses in the dream world, if my memory serves correct.

check your tweet logs the archetype mentions the place

9. zaxxon

zaxxon Member

Mar 26, 2011
    You fight the trigon at the titanic tree.

If you're stuck at the tree, highlight the (spoiler) hint below:

After the tree cracks, use two fingers to pull it apart.

10. the-iek

the-iek Active Member

Jul 16, 2010
    #10 the-iek, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    End of the game question, be careful reading this:

So guys, what do I do at the top of the summit at the end of the game?

Edit: I just did it. You have to light all the triangles with your sword, then climb the little hill and hold your sword to the sky.

11. Imo

Imo New Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Alright thank you, this is rather helpful. I can usually figure out how to do it once I find where I need to go. I'll go try it right now

12. Meatpopsci

Meatpopsci New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Any luck?

I am stuck in the same place I think. 82% complete and reading that all the dark sprites are skyward so it's time for miracles .. Only I have no clue what to do next. :mad:

13. zaxxon

zaxxon Member

Mar 26, 2011
    For those who have finished the game (highlight):
    Have you figured out what the "transmission" number means? Does everyone get the same number? Mine is 4086342806. I'm guessing it's a phone number but I haven't gotten around to calling it yet.

14. Videotape

Jul 3, 2009
    student, journeyman
    pallet town
    ahh good idea with the white text... highlight below

i called it, same creepy voice reads a different set of number that i could hardly hear i made out 24092011 not enough/ to many for a phone number someone else should give it a go and see if they can decipher the voice better

15. zaxxon

zaxxon Member

Mar 26, 2011
    More end of game spoilers:
    I'm pretty sure it's 04052011. So something will happen on May 4th, or possibly April 5th. I guess we just wait now.

16. lastfuture

lastfuture Member

Nov 20, 2009
    designer
    Germany
    Yet more spoilers (highlight)
    I recorded the call and I'm pretty sure at the end of the tranmission shortly before the beep I can hear a small portion of the song that plays in the moon grotto when changing the moon phases. There's no full, half or new moon on May 4th or April 5th though. There is a new moon on April 3rd and one on May 3rd.
    Nevertheless I'll make sure to open S:S&S EP on May 4th and April 5th to see if anything happens

17. TheScurrminator

TheScurrminator New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Need help! I'm (embarrassingly) stuck on session 2 on the tree puzzle.
    I'm guessing I need to activate them all but I'm always coming up one short!

18. thekellen

thekellen Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    SPOILER/SOLUTION
    I think you need to activate them in pairs. Activate two trees that are the same width before moving on to other trees. If you are still one tree short, you might need to move to a different place on the screen before using sworcery so you can reach them all. You can pan the screen around by placing your finger on the sworcery aura and slowly dragging around.

19. TheScurrminator

TheScurrminator New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Sorted! I am blind!

20. Neroh

Neroh New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Stuck

I'm stuck at around the 34% mark. It's session 2. I have all the sprites and the meadow is now empty I just have no clue what I have to do. I've tried just about everything.