Universal Subdivision Infinity (Crescent Moon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JoshCM, May 24, 2017.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    More of an opinion as I think tilt controls don't offer the same amount of precision that touch controls have. I think the controls on this game are spot on and perfect. Maybe saying "ruin the game" was a bit much.

2. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I don't know about iPhone 6S since I'm only playing it on iPad Air 1, but here everything is great, from graphics to controls; no loading times, no crashes, bugs etc. I guess it won't help you much since I can't make a comparison between the two, I'm just amazed by the work they put to make this game working perfect on old devices (I've had graphics' issues with many games this years, because those Devs only took care of their games on high-end devices).

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    But this is only your opinion. Other people think differently, so offering a tilt option improves the game for them while doing absolutely no harm to your experience since you are free keep using touch controls.

4. sparekarma

sparekarma Active Member

Even with my aging eyes, been playing on my 6S equally well (very smooth with no problems with default controls).

Been having a lot of fun so far. Only suggestion would be to add a roll mechanic button (maybe with a recharge timer), for no other reason that it would be fun to see these ships barrel roll to avoid being hit.

5. Skinvisible

Skinvisible Member

Jun 18, 2013
    UK
    Yes, I'm right with you here.
    I immediately bought the game as it is totally my cup of tea. Started it. Tried to find the tilt controls option in settings. Realized it had none. Deleted the game. Cried a bit. I absolutely CANNOT get on with on-screen touch controls/joysticks. I have tried, tried and tried some more. If tilt controls make an appearance here, I'm all over it again, but without it, I'll just have to say "looks awesome" and leave it at that.

6. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Thank you for the response. I started it on iPhone and hope there are syncing saves.

In any case, this game is just as addictive as GOF 2!

7. D4rkwolf

D4rkwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^
    #147 D4rkwolf, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Have beaten every mission, and have the Supernova with the singularity maxed out :D

Can't wait for the next sector

On a side note and not having anything to do with this game: I REALLY wish someone would update GoF 1 AND 2 for 64-bit support...I love them both so much

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Any one played this on an iPad Pro 12.9"?
    Is this a game where the touch controls are more comfortable if the device is held in both hands?
    That's not ideal with the big iPad.
    I play games with it using a stand.

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I played on the large iPad Pro. The only slight issue I had was reaching the thrust button as it is so far away from the edge of the screen that it's awkward to use comfortably. An option to move the buttons around would be very useful for Pro users.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I will hold off buying and see if a future patch allows button customising.

11. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Supernova X unlocked and maxed
    Looking forward to Hano-16
    :)

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Finished the game!

On to crafting and unlocking the Supernova X.

Can't wait to see what's in store for this one.

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I didn't intend to put you off buying the game. It's actually very good. The button placement on the iPad Pro is just a minor issue, but the game is still perfectly playable.

14. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Lol nice excuse
    Wait until the game return to the original price you are gonna say holding it off til its discount

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    how long would you say it took you to finish?

Also - the developer is working on a lot of tweaks for a new update, and
    then some longer term plans.

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #156 Nullzone, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
    @JoshCM: Since I also finished already (a while ago, actually) , and same as jpgold only have the Supernova-X to unlock (waiting for the radar update), I'll add my experience too:

I didn't pay attention to the clock, but I'd say roughly 5 hours to complete. A lot shorter than e.g. Stellar Wanderer, since it's more action-y and less free roam / fly around and do stuff. Ah, found it, iOS now shows time too - under Settings - Battery - click on the small clock in the topright corner of the "battery usage" title bar. It says "7.6 hours onscreen". But that includes like 3 days of doing daily missions and some fiddling around after I completed the storyline. So, the ~5 hours to complete feel about right.

However, I spent quite a bit of time just collecting resources to upgrade ships and weapons - I like to experiment ;)
    If you know what you are doing, or streamline your gameplay (e.g. after reading some tips here), I'd say you can finish the game in under 3 hours, maybe even under 2.
    Pretty short, but sweet. Good bang for the buck, no complaints on that front ;)

Oh, and: tweaks and long-term plans are always good in my book. Looking forward to the new sector.

17. wildreg

wildreg New Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Please try yet some more. I'm also a very big fan of tilt control in GoF 1&2, and found it hard to believe that this game doesn't have it.

But again, like you, this is the very type of game I enjoy (since the old days of Wing Commander series!), that I stuck with the erronous on-screen sticks that I can never seem to center and hold steady.

Before I knew it, I finished the game in three sittings, with the best ship and best guns maxed out (I'm at lv 14). The experience gets better when you start upgrading ships.

18. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Took me a little under a week to finish. Put in an hour- hour and a half a day maybe? Some days a little more?

19. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Great game. More in line with what i _expected_ from GOF3 than GOF3. Tilt controls like GOF2 or Stellar Wanderer would nail it.

20. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Hi
    Just to check, did anyone get their icloud save rolled back after the update? Happened to me