Games for Visually Impaired

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Danuon, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Danuon

Danuon New Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Hi everyone,

Firstly- I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for games for the blind- please share! A lot of the forums I've visited hadn't been updated in awhile. It'd be great to have a refresh.

Secondly- I've had the joy to be a part of a small team of Korean developers making this game- Please check it out our Kickstarter campaign (recently featured!).

Please support games for visually impaired players this holiday season- we're looking to raise $1K to help with the localization and culturalization (to Engish) of our rhythm based side scrolling RPG, JI EUM. We'd appreciate it if you stopped by our Kickstarter page!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1452000940/ji-eum-a-rhythm-mobile-game-for-the-visually-impai

2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Real Sound: Kaze no Regret

3. Shaun wrote an article a while back about games for the visually impaired, I can't remember if he listed some or not in that. For me the Papa Sangre games come to mind.

4. DolphinFlipJumpSpin

DolphinFlipJumpSpin Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Director of Innovative Biomedical Engineering, The
    I so want to do more of this with Binaural localization. Jeff Anderson and 3Dio has an amazing microphone (Free Space Pro II) that can revolutionize audio based games.

I need to work on this more. Thanks for the post.