Universal DoDonPachi Blissful Death (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    @Gabrien
    sure the graphics are not hd and could be better but they make best shumps for ios. i mean you still buy CM games even if they are usually just about visuals. why not buying this one because of gameplay quality. and anyway this one looks like ddp but from gameplay videos it is quite different. ;)

2. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Well, if you know Cave then you know their games are definitely worth $4.99 as they're not your everyday generic shmup or bullet hell shooters, they're usually rather deep and more polished with great attention to details.

I understand where you're coming from though, as Bug Princess and this one don't feel as crafted for iOS as their previous titles who even have Smartphone mode. It's probably due to the reported lack of profit and they're scaling back mobile development, which is a shame.

But then again, it shouldn't be $0.99. A properly ported Cave game is worth the exclusive price tag, eg. Espgaluda, Dodonpachi 1, Deathsmile. They're around $9, so $4.99 for this game sounds fair enough.

I always buy games I know I'd love (especially if there's a lite version and I indeed love it) at full price even if I know they'd go on sale at some point just to support the developers. Game like Dead Space, Bug Panic, Soul Calibur, ChuChu, Sonic CD, Street Fighter, etc are worth the full price so the devs know if they're making good iOS games (not crappy ones like minigame tie-ins), then people will appreciate their effort :)

3. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Yea... I was not expecting this to come so quickly after it was announced. I will be picking it up as soon as I can.

P.S. lol @ the guy who spent an extra $.99 on the IAP in Deathsmiles. THEY MADE ME BUY AN UMBRELLA! I AM NEVER PURCHASING A GAME FROM THEM AGAIN! Blurka, Blurka, Blurka.

4. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    I've probably spent more time with Cave shooters -- especially with DERPSMAILZ (lol) -- than with my all other iOS games altogether, so for me it's a no-brainer. It all comes down to the time you spend with the game, not the money.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    $4.99 is a great price. Really looking forward to this one tonight.

6. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Cant get enough of Cave's games so no brainer for me and at this price :)
    Thought i spent all my credits on my DERPSMAILZ princess handbag and tiara but i have a few credits left thank god! ;)

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Ahhh, the blind CAVE fanboys rear their smiley faces.

EDIT: Oh ho ho...I am going to get sooooooooooooooooooo much shit for this comment. :3

8. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Well, just remember, to each their own, different people have different likes.
    Now go back to Angry Birds.

/blind fanboy?

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #29 metalcasket, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    Oh, how I loathe Angry Birds. >_> You guys don't seem to get my point. I've always been a CAVE fan, but when you're paying $12 on a game ($4.99 when it first came out...which is when I got it) it comes as a shock to find IAPs worth double the amount you spent on the actual game. I know they're not necessary, but come on...this is CAVE we're talking about. When you support them, you expect full games...whether or not that extra shit that's behind a IAP wall is crucial to the game or not.

10. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Then go back to... Black Sabbath!

/soz, smiley face

11. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

I'm a little disappointed that only iPhone 4+ is supported, and not 3GS like CAVE's previous releases.

I guess I'll be borrowing my wife's iPad!

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Awww maaan...

Not universal? Wtf? I seriously might cry now. I refuse to play anything on 2X mode, and I just don't use my iPod enough anymore to justify non-universal stuff. Why must forces continue conspiring to make the iPad shmup scene a desolate wasteland with but a few gleaming pinnacles?

13. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm with you I bought all the cave games up to deathsmiles and I've skipped everything from them since. Pretty much identical reasons to yourself I was really annoyed they didn't mention IAP on the itunes purchase page and basicly tricked me into buying a game I never would have.

Skipping this one too.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, on the arcades you would be paying per-play; on the consoles you would be paying import prices (at least until recently). Not sure why some non-essential IAPs should get folks all self-righteous. This is still a world-class shump at a cut-rate price.

15. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    This. Plus originally there wasn't any IAPs present in the game. It was added in an update. Yea, whatever.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    More like go back to 'Diggin Dogs' ! That game 'may' be okay but (and i quote !)....[

I mean better than Pinball Arcade/DoDonPachi put together ? Come on !

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I was being silly. ._.

18. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I've enjoyed the heck out of Deathsmiles without ever considering paying a cent of IAP. I don't understand the anger over IAP that is ABSOLUTELY unnecessary for enjoyment of a full game. I hate unfair/exploitative IAP as much as the next guy, but I don't care if it's the type that isn't necessary to complete the game.

19. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #39 djflippy, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    Four pages on the thread and no game impressions...awesome!

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel