Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    2 hours (in review)

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The first two episodes should take you 2-3 hours each, and the story is altered by your choices in enough subtle and overt ways as to provide replay value as well.

The second episode in particular is pretty damn outstanding in terms of atmosphere and emotional impact, and right now this game series is shaping up to be everything the second season of the television show should have been.

3. Altrez

Altrez Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    IT
    Kentucky
    Will this work on the iPad 1 or iPod Touch 4?

Thanks!

-Altrez

4. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Would like to know how it runs on iPhone 4.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Glad to hear that :D Instabuy then

6. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Is this like heavy rain?

7. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

It's a modern adventure game with qte where decisions can affect the gameplay so yes it is a bit similar. Though in terms of atmosphere and story, they're nothing alike (Jasooooon!)

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Insta-frickin-BUY!!!!!!! I need another good Telltale series to hold me over until Puzzle Agent 3 comes out. :D

9. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    #49 Triscuitable, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    JAAAAAAASOOOOOOOOON

(Insert Eastern-European man imitating an American accent poorly somehow).

If anyone's read issue 100 yet, you'll know just how soul-wrenchingly painful it is to see the Atlanta survivors in this game. You really grow to like the characters, but this issue was just brutal. And not just in the emotional sense.

It's not the best show around. It's pretty heavily flawed. The first season was incredible, but season two just had the worst pacing issues (get... Off... THE DAMN FARM! COME ON!). Plus, some characters seem to have been ignored entirely, while others seem to carry the idiot ball for as long as they can (Lori, Hershel's daughters, small children named Carl, smaller children named Sophia, etc.).

Plus, you haven't watched Breaking Bad yet. Do so.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It's pretty much unplayable on an ipod touch 4g. Probably a different story with iphone4 but basically it's too much of a hassle to enjoy. Lags about every other scene, you keep missing timing to make answers, and sound is off because of the slowdown :( really sad though. The story seemed very interesting.

11. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    OH, crap! Didn't want to hear this as it's the one I wanted the most tonight!!! Anyone else want to confirm this?? Damn!!!

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Damn...this is why I ditched the iPod. It really needs an upgrade this year or it's officially done with gaming. Works great for music though!

13. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Gotta agree with you. Sick of this happening!

14. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Really? Problems on iPod Touch 4G? Oh no I just purchased.... Anyone else had problems on iPods?

15. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Please post quickly! I can't stand this!!!! Thanks!!!

16. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    Is this retina for the new iPad?

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Played this on PC, I was really excited to try it since I enjoy the TV show so much. I was pretty disappointed with the game unfortunately, so I won't be trying this port. I felt like a babysitter watching over a bunch of kids. 'Talk to this person so they trust you later,' 'say comforting things to these people,' 'feign interest in how they're holding up,' 'give the girl a candy bar so she likes you,' 'be sure to thank this man for his hospitality or maybe he'll go cry'... what a grind.

I enjoyed the main decision-making moments which actually mattered to the plot of events unfolding, but damn, the constant care-taking was overwhelming. Maybe it's more fun to play completely apathetic towards people's feelings, but I didn't give it another go. Now I completely understand where TV Rick is coming from in his speech at the end of Season 2.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    About to try on iPhone 4. If this ends up laggy and unplayable, I'm pretty much going to be heartbroken since no matter what I do, episode 2 on PC just refuses to download.

19. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I didn't think I'd buy this again, but I guess I'll double dip. I think this is one of those times that a game will benefit from a touch screen as opposed to physical controls.

20. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Same here. Tell me what happens!