This is what our customers say about our game... what do YOU as a developer think?!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Dragon Game Studio, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Dragon Game Studio

Dragon Game Studio Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Hi everyone,

It's been a busy weekend here at Dragon Game Studio. Wednesday & Thursday last week we released our two first games.... Both the games are free, and by coincidence (Apple Rejections) they turned out to be approved within a day of each other :cool:

One of the games, Don't Steal My Banana, got some really nice customer reviews, here are just a few of the reviews so far:

Hilarious app ★★★★★
    by Marlborof18 - Version 1.0 - Mar 31, 2013
    This app is really funny and addictive to play. It is designed in a very simple way but full of exciting and enjoyable moments. I love it. I just can't stop playing it.

Fun ★★★★★
    by A77MiLos - Version 1.0 - Mar 31, 2013
    Nice game, it's pretty fun to play. I particularly love its cute graphic design. The game seems simple at first glance, but actually it's much more competitive than I thought. It really requires high concentration and accuracy! Love it! Very addictive to play.

Awesome ★★★★★
    by SS183 - Version 1.0 - Mar 30, 2013
    Seems like a banana tower-defense game lol and I totally love it! The cute artwork design and its background effects is awesome, and the game strategy is simple but also competitive. It's incredibly fun and entertaining to play, nice to kill time on this boring weekend.

Great ★★★★★
    by cristian-01 - Version 1.0 - Mar 30, 2013
    Great game!! I love arcade-games, but this is one of my favourites!! It works very fast and smooth on my iPad 2 iOs 6.1.2 My kids are playing it often, and they love it to! I'll give it 5 stars!!

Great ★★★★★
    by Deslee2012 - Version 1.0 - Mar 30, 2013
    The gameplay is well polished. I like the monkey so much as it is cute and funny. Addicting game.

Now we would love to know what YOU as developers yourself think about the game... The good, the bad, we would love to hear what your feedback is so we can improve things that needs to be improved. Just give it to us! :D

The development cycle of this game from start to finish was 5 working weeks. That includes website, trailer and all promo materials that you might have seen in other threads here on Touch Arcade....

Thanks a lot, we are looking forward to hear your input!

2. Arty Tales

Arty Tales Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    EU
    Nice game, well done. What are your strongest markets?

After 2 minutes of playing, I still could not figure how to throw the banana. Instructions?
    Music seems to be a bit repetitive.
    It crashed (froze) on my 4S after closing it and reopening it.

3. Dragon Game Studio

Dragon Game Studio Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Hi Arty Tales,

Thanks for trying the game out and your kind words! We appreciate it and your honest opinion :)

At the moment we get the most downloads from China.

Strange that it crashed for you on a iPhone 4S, never heard that before and we never had it happen to us during beta testing. We'll look into it.

Yep the music is a bit repetitive, play the game long enough and it sounds like they are singing "Bananas" in some parts of haha.

First time a player plays the game there is a text showing how to play it: Tap, Hold and Release to shoot.... maybe it's easy to miss it.

But that's it, tap anywhere on the screen, hold to increase the power and release to shoot.