List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    #1 PointOfLight, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    Early last year TheFamousEccles started making a list of adventure games that were available on the App Store (you can check it out here if you'd like). Unfortunately it has gone unmaintained for the last several months, so I've decided to pick it up and run with it. However, instead of putting the list in this first post I instead have taken it off-site to a service called FlexLists. You can view the list here:

List Of Adventure Games

I've decided to dispense with the "Point & Click" label and cover a broader range of games. To that regards, I'm curious if the people that will find this list useful feel I should include the following:

1. Hidden Object Games
    2. Choose Your Own Adventure
    3. Gamebooks (ala Fighting Fantasy)
    4. iPad games (currently only iPhone / Universal games appear)

Also, a big part of this thread is you guys helping me fill out the list, so please continue to post contributions. I just ask that you make it clear in your post (1) the name of the game, and (2) the type of adventure game you feel it is. If you have more dialog in your post, please make these things stand out for my sanity. Here are the categories I'm already using:

1. First Person Adventure (like Dracula: Path Of The Dragon)
    2. Third Person Adventure (Sierra style)
    3. First Person Puzzle (Myst, 7th Guest - might eventually move to #1)
    4. Room Escape
    5. Hidden Object

Looking forward to making this the ultimate iOS Adventure Game list!

[Edit]

We've had a lot of good and active discussions on this thread with folks helping each other out on various adventure games, but since this is really meant more for just gathering a list of such games in the first place, we've decided to take those discussions elsewhere. You can find that thread here: Help With Adventure Games.

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Frenk99 and Yadaxx like this.
  3. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Yadaxx likes this.
  4. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Just wanted to let you guys know that the adventure game Destination: Treasure Island HD is currently available for free! Get it here.

Yadaxx likes this.
  5. Fruit Roll

Fruit Roll Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    game designer, game reviewer
    Here and There
    Yadaxx likes this.
  6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    All Big Fish Games are on sale for 99 cents each.

Yadaxx likes this.
  7. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    This is a great list. The only thing that I can think to add are the HOG libraries from Big Fish, Alawar, G5 Entertainment, Avalon Alliance, Anuman and Ludigames.

Yadaxx likes this.
  8. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Marco Polo - A Fantastic Journey is currently on sale for free! It is a hidden object adventure, and it is universal. Here's the link: App Store

Yadaxx likes this.
  9. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Sorry to veer off a little bit here but I figure the people looking at this tread would know better than anyone else. I recently finished Sam and max on the iPad and loved it! How are telltales other games like Wallace and gromit and back to the future? Im not concerned about the performance as I've got an ipad2

10. Gamebooks are pretty much Choose your own adventure things but yes, they should be added, due to the Gamebook Adventures series being so great! (Better than Fighting Fantasy IMO)

11. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    list looks great and i like the categories with the exeption of 1st person en 3rd person, because those are camera angles not really a type of game.
    Rather make it 1stperson/classic. Because you have also 1st person escape the room games. ;)
    The others are great though. Forgot gamebooks ;)

Just go for it and let's hope the TA community keeps posting new point and clickgames here so the list can get updated.

Gobliiins 2 is also out wich didn't get much coverage by sites and reviewers cause of part 1.

12. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Actually, you're not veering off topic at all. This thread is as much a discussion about the games itself as it is about adding games to the list. Unfortunately I can't answer your question because I don't have an iPad. I've heard that Back To The Future is pretty good, but I've not really heard anything about Wallace And Gromitt. Given Telltale's sense of humor, though, I'd imagine W&G is pretty good.

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Thanks for putting this list together.

14. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'll have to think about the 1st / 3rd person thing. It's true that they are "just camera angles", but in the same respect (to me at least) there's a much different feeling when you're playing something like King's Quest vs. a game like Path Of The Dragon. For some reason seeing your character makes a big difference.

Gobliins 2 is on the list. It's a shame it hasn't gotten much coverage. I haven't played the iPhone version of these games yet, but I loved the PC versions way back when.

15. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I would agree that the Gamebook Adventures tend to be of a better quality, but keep in mind that the stories in Fighting Fantasy are 15-20 years old. Unfortunately not all writing ages well :)

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    No problem. I just hope I can keep up with it and make it into the greatness it could be :D

17. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    MAybe you can do it like this: Escape the room/ 1st person.
    Classic P&C game/3rd person

Well you get the point, this way you can have both ;)

18. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Next good adventure only for iPad??! (Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit, Back to The Future,....)
    So sad.... :( Next is Jurassic Park

19. Mivo

Mivo Well-Known Member

May 10, 2011
    Germany
    Yes, please. :) And thank you for continuing the list. It's appreciated.

20. TheMoonwalls

TheMoonwalls Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2010