S.C.U.D. by BitCaper

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by bit_Jon, Apr 11, 2009.

1. bit_Jon

bit_Jon Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    A couple weeks ago BitCaper mentioned that we were working on a new game. This is that game...

[​IMG]

There are many dangers lurking in deep space. But in that space the most valuable substance exists: Flexite. Buried deep within the shattered pieces of stars, flexite is the mineral that makes the universe turn. The fields are too dangerous for ordinary mining expeditions, they are riddled with marauders, smugglers, pirates and all sorts of maniacal pests. The crew of the Space Carrier: Ultima Draco, S.C.U.D., are the only pilots with the skill and recklessness necessary to navigate the dangerous reaches of the deep space mines.

Choose from three pilots, each with a unique spacecraft. Guide your craft through the asteroid fields, blasting the flexite out of the rocks, and shooting the rocks off anyone that gets in your way. Flexite fuels the upgrades to your ship. Collect enough to create the most powerful craft in the universe. Guns get bigger, ships get faster, and the danger gets deeper as you mine as much Flexite from the asteroids as possible. Your enemies are relentless and numerous, but destroy them and they will drop special weapons to help you in your expedition of multiple play modes. Suit up and flex your trigger finger in anticipation of the newest space shooter to come to the iPhone and iPod Touch: S.C.U.D.

Check out the website for S.C.U.D., there you will find some character art as well as our first development podcast. Development is moving along quickly and we hope to have screen shots and more information soon.

[​IMG]

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks for the info Jon.:) I await more screens, video etc.

3. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
  4. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    How much will it be?

5. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    dear s.c.u.d.,
    i want you. i need you. please come tonight. i have a gift. i just want to be with you. come, let me have you. dont be afraid. im here. just come here and let me touch you. (get it, touch) i just wat to love you but you keep running away. please, dont be afraid. you will get alot of play time
    yours truly,
    IBITF

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    This is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read. :p

In spite of this, we still await your appearance S.C.U.D.

7. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    #7 bit_Jon, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
    We are shooting for around 1.99 depending on a lot of different factors.

BTW we will try and answer everyone's questions here in the forum, But we will also be recording another podcast to answer a lot of the questions in more depth. So ask away

8. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Hi bit_Jon why didnt you respond to my PM?

9. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    It's been a busy day... I did just reply however.

10. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Anyways what does your game bring to the unique iPhone/iPod Touch platform and how does your control work with this platform?

11. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    At first, I thought that this was going to be a disposable assassin game. wah.

12. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I just started reading that. Its pretty good.

13. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    S.C.U.D. will have four different control methods. The obvious 2 are tilt controls and onscreen dual sticks. The other two will be variations of those. S.C.U.D. Will also feature an upgrade system and we hope to have three different play modes as well. Our shooting mechanic is a bit different from more traditional shooters as well. We think it will bring a new layer of depth to the game...but more on that once we have some screen shots to go along with it.

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  15. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    How will your game be different from what ExZeus(I think) beside that your isn't a on rail style and also how does your weapons compare to ExZeus?

16. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    We haven't gotten all the art into the game yet, once we get that in we will defiantly get some screen shots up, and hopefully a video as well.

I havn't played ExZeus so I'm not sure how our weapons system will differ. We will be covering our weapons a bit in our next podcast.

From the screen shots I saw of ExZeus I can tell you that we are pretty different. We are a top down 2D shooter, ExZeus looks to be a 3D shooter on a rail, or track system(again I haven't played it). Think of S.C.U.D. as a mash of Geometry wars and Asteroids, with some extra goodies thrown in.

17. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    How is the game turning out to be? Why do you believe that your game has such a unique personality and how does this game can beat other top down shooter in the compeitive market known as the App store

18. bit_Jon

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    #18 bit_Jon, Apr 13, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
    We don't take the "how can we beat our competitors" approach to our games. When we sit down to make a game we try and make something that we would play and would think is awesome! I know that sounds kinda like a cop out, but it's true. It's hard to put into words how we think our game will be better than others in the same vein, because that's not our focus. I could list out all our unique features, but a lot of them aren't set in stone yet and many may be changed around before the end. Plus it's never wise to give away all your secrets :D

19. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    How is your game different than regular Top Down Shooter and is it free roam or is it like regular mobile Top Down Shooter?

20. randomdude

Mar 21, 2009
    Cool you guys take time and sit down to what you guys like about the game! Never seen this in a dev since I started beta testing iPhone app since along time ago for high profile games from huge and well known developer/publisher(NDA sorry but you can guess)