Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Any game no matter how good it is is not worth a single play if it only works holding your iphone in 1 orientation. I refuse to take my iphone from its case to play a game, free or not. You should put in the description that you were to lazy to let the game play wether you hold your phone to the left or right
Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
Any game no matter how good it is is not worth a single play if it only works holding your iphone in 1 orientation...
I gotta say, man, that's a little extreme. I can't imagine why your case restricts the usable orientations of your phone, but that sounds like the weak link to me.

Edit: I'm usually too lazy for strategy, but I reckon I could post some impressions tomorrow, if people want.

Last edited by Chester_Copperpot; 02-28-2013 at 12:29 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 02:54 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Any game no matter how good it is is not worth a single play if it only works holding your iphone in 1 orientation. I refuse to take my iphone from its case to play a game, free or not. You should put in the description that you were to lazy to let the game play wether you hold your phone to the left or right
If your to stubborn to turn your phone around you could always try standing on your head
Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
If your to stubborn to turn your phone around you could always try standing on your head
Lol. I use a wallet case.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:13 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Even ignoring the case issue, I concur. It's a major pet peeve of mine and I can't think of one game that's survived more than a week on my devices if they don't allow me to hold my device how I want depending on whether I'm charging it, whether the charger is coming from my left or right, whether I'm currently using headphones (and what orientation that prompts depends on the device).

Apple has clearly made it very easy for games to detect orientation and switch since FTP shovelware cranked out by a 2nd world programmer in 2 days can manage it. A title previously published by a top tier publisher and independently supported for more than a year should certainly be able to handle it.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:52 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by juls363 View Post
Didn't this use to have voice chat?
It's gone?
Good riddance
Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Even ignoring the case issue, I concur. It's a major pet peeve of mine and I can't think of one game that's survived more than a week on my devices if they don't allow me to hold my device how I want depending on whether I'm charging it, whether the charger is coming from my left or right, whether I'm currently using headphones (and what orientation that prompts depends on the device).

Apple has clearly made it very easy for games to detect orientation and switch since FTP shovelware cranked out by a 2nd world programmer in 2 days can manage it. A title previously published by a top tier publisher and independently supported for more than a year should certainly be able to handle it.
I'm glad I'm not alone. Others would rather bash us for pointing it out instead of understanding that is and can be an issue
Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 PM

Default No flip

Having a Smart Cover for my ipad means I can't use it for this game. I hav to lay it down flat when I play it. I was hoping they would fix that in the re release but I guess not.

Plus I get in these situations in multiplayer and single player where the currency counter in the left side of the screen allows you to spawn more units keeps decreasing. Is this a bug or a game design. It keeps dropping even when I have units on the field. I wish there was a proper manual for this game