The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Shaun Musgrave, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Hmmmmm. It's on the fringe. I guess you can vote for it, but I can't see myself getting around to it (outside of a reader's choice, naturally) for quite a while.

2. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I never got around to playing the original DS version, so definitively enjoying this one. Yeah, would certainly like to see them put an English version out, as my Japanese ability is nowhere near fluent

3. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Vote for Baldur's Gate Also

4. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I'd really like to see an article on this, too.

I purchased some type of CD-ROM version of it as a kid, and I could not make head nor tails of it. This was back in the day when you could take computer games back if you wanted (video games, too), so I did. Not sure what I replaced it with. :)

5. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #205 PoloBaquerizoH, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    That game is just part Rpg, truly is a strategy adventure wargame

6. jesse_dylan

jesse_dylan Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2014
  7. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    New one's up! Hope you guys enjoy it!

8. C. Stubb

C. Stubb Active Member

Mar 10, 2013
    ...Living.
    On Earth.
    Hola fellow RPG fans. Just thought I'd pop in to suggest Fastar! as a possible candidate for a future Reload. Fastar!, as many iOS veterans know, is a classic relic from the days when "free-to-play" was an unknown concept and EA Mobile didn't suck. The game was designed, created, and published by the independent studio Cat in a Box Games (famous in their day for Blue Attack and Red Conquest) as loving tribute (satire?) to all things that make RPGs RPGs. Cozy adventure towns that happen to sell everything the hero could need, pallet-swapped recyclable enemies (seriously, it's just a bunch of different color squares), and a spikey-haired protagonist with a sword the size of a refrigerator, you name it. It was definitely a favorite of mine way back when, and I think it'd be interesting to see how it's ages in the last half decade. Give it a shot, Shaun!

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What amazes me in these articles is the amount of research that comes with it. Im not just reading a recommendation, or some type of review, im actually getting an insight to the game or the inspiration's background or history, or even some random cool trivia.

And obviously, i love it.

10. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    New one's up, this week it's Solomon's Keep! Just one more week left in the Hallowe'en month, and I think it's not hard to guess which game it will be.

As a secret bonus to readers of this thread, I'll tell you next month's theme. November is what I'm calling "Origins Month". That's all the hints you get, though.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Origins?? Oooh, could it be all iOS originals? I'm excited to find out. But also super excited for next week's article too! Thanks Shaun.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Origins kinda suggests first in the series maybe? Final Fantasy 1, Dragon Quest 1 or maybe Infinity Blade 1? I honestly hope not, coz i want the indie devs get more esposure through this.

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I can totally see that. Maybe the original Ash will at least get highlighted...?

14. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    The balance I try to shoot for each month is one big Japanese game, one big Western game, and one smaller title. Doesn't always work that way, but that's the general recipe. Indies will be getting lots of love in the Reload, worry not.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nice. By the way, i reinstalled both solomon games into my iphone coz of the article coz i got a bit nostalgic off the great read. LOL ;)

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    And maybe Aralon or Ravensword (the first one)?

17. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, I loved that first Ravensword back when it came out. Such an epic 3rd person RPG experience on a phone! It was like having an N64 in my pocket. And now I've got a PS2 in my pocket! ;)

18. DarkAdamm

DarkAdamm Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Shaun,
    I just read your article on Solomon's Keep! and really enjoyed it. I could never find the game on the appstore to install it on my Ipad Mini. I realized I was filtering by Ipad games so I swithed to iphone and found Solomon's Keep!
    I got it for free and I have put about 3 hours in it so far. I am really enjoying it. I really like when you cover IOS games that I am haven't about. Anyway I just wanted to say Thanks and I hope you don't quite in time soon.
    I never know what I want to vote for because I like to be surprised.

19. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    That 3rd solomons game never came out :(

20. Shaun Musgrave

Jul 8, 2013
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I'm thinking of changing the rules for the reader's choice Reload in the New Year from a majority vote to a random lottery or something, so that we get more quirky stuff instead of just the big titles. What do you guys think?

First of all, thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate all the support this little weekly gig has gotten from our fantastic readers. You folks are the best!

I mean to stick with this feature as long as possible, so don't worry, I won't be quitting anytime soon.