Battleheart Legacy: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, May 27, 2014.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #1 KiddToKmart, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    Unlocking/Finding Characters

Ranger - available from the start of the game
    Paladin - available from the start of the game
    Knight - available from the start of the game
    Wizard - available from the start of the game
    Rogue - available from the start of the game

Ninja - You get a random encounter where you must side with the female ninja and help her defeat the guards. She will then tell you to visit the ninja hideout. Once you visit the hideout and talk to her again a whole troop of guards charges in. Yet again you must side with the ninjas and assist in defeating the guards. Once this is done you are able to learn ninja skills.

Bard - located in the Capital's tavern (Eston).

Necromancer - Go to the Mage tower and accept the request to help the Mage their with his class. He will send you on a quest to get a spider gland. Clear the Crypt directly north-east of the Mage Tower to find the Skull of Necromancy. You don't need to get the spider gland anymore. With the Skull in your possession, return to the Mage tower and you will encounter the Necromancer trainer in the headmasters chamber.

Witch - located in a forest that a drunk tells you about. Once you find her, she asks you to get a Book from town. Go to the town bar, and you're guided to a Dungeon. Enter the Dungeon and find the book in a chest (don't open it when prompted!). Take it to the Witch and she'll be glad you didn't open her book :) She'll offer to train you.

Barbarian - Talk to a NPC in the Academy in the Capital who will mention 'the Ox' Barbarian is to the east. Go to the camp and speak with him. He will challenge you to defeat a frost wyrm. Do so and bring back the tooth to unlock this class.

Battlemage - For battlemage to appear you have to get quest from royal guard barracks in capital which sends you to the desert outpost otherwise he will not be there. You go to the fugitive camp at the northwest of the map (level 7 map). Run all the way to the last room (if you are low level and just want to unlock the Yclass, you can ignore all the fights), and you will encounter an event where some dude that can imbue his sword with fire kills another mage. You talk to him thinking "awesome, I am gonna learn this" but nope, he won't actually teaches you there (funny conversation). After that, you have no choice but to leave the map with the treasure and a sad face. Then you try to run around the map again and you will encounter him once more. Help him fight the group of bandits and he will teach you the way of battle mage back in the city.

Monk - In the capital pub. When you enter for the first time you will notice a cutscene. Talk to the lady after she beats up the shady man. She will challenge you to a fight (unequip your weapon as it is a fist fight challenge) and then offer to train you in the way of the monk.

Class Attribute Requirements

Ranger - DEX, SKL
    Paladin - STR, END, CHA
    Knight - STR, END
    Wizard - INT, SKL
    Rogue - DEX, SKL
    Ninja - STR, DEX, SKL
    Bard - DEX, INT, CHA
    Necromancer - INT, CHA
    Witch - INT, END
    Barbarian - STR, SKL
    Battlemage - STR, INT
    Monk - STR, DEX

Character Skill Trees

Rogue
    ACTIVE
    -Poisoned Knife: Throw a poisonous Dagger that DoT for 10 sec; 6s CD
    -Paralytic knife: Throw a Dagger that stun a foe for 6 sec; 20s CD
    -Sneak Attack: 6.5x normal damage+ 20% dodge buff for 3 sec; 9S CD
    -Envenom: Apply poison to your weapons. 30% more dmg on your next 5 attacks; 30s CD
    -Stealth: Vanish for unlimited time. 50% more dmg and always crit when attacking from the shadows. Cannot be used in combat
    -Thievery: pickpocket for extra loot
    -Expose Weakness: destroy target defense
    -Ultimate: Shadowstep: Blinks behind your target to deal a lethal 7.5x dmg strike

PASSIVE
    -Lethal Edge: +10% crit when using Dagger or sword
    -Pursuit: +20% Movement speed
    -Twist The blade: if target has a DoT debuff, 10% dmg increase
    -Coup de Grace: +20% dmg against stunned and knocked foes
    -Crippling Blows: decreases enemy's attack by 2% up to 10% each time you attack him

Ninja
    ACTIVE
    -Lacerate: Infinite DoT on target
    -Smoke Bomb: Deflect projectiles and add 30% dodge on the area
    -Shuriken: Toss 4 Shurikens in front of you
    -Twin Strikes: 7x dmg (3,5with each hand)
    -Caltrops: Set Caltrops that slow and damage enemies
    - Tranq Dart: Shoot a 10 sec sleep dart
    -Blade rush: fly to opponent damaging each enemy on path
    -Ultimate: Assassinate: teleport to the target and deal a fatal strike. The lower the enemy health, the higher the damages

PASSIVE
    -Flurry: +10% attack speed
    -Lethality: +50% crit damage!
    -Dual wield: Allow dual wield
    -Silent assassin: after killing an enemy, next attack will teleport you to the other enemy
    -Impending Doom: each time you crit, your CDs are reduced by 1s

Barbarian
    ACTIVE

-Enrage (20s) - Fly into a ragefor 10s, increasing damage dealt AND received by 40%.
    -Frenzy (15s) - Enter a frenzied state for 8s, greatly increasing attack speed and cooldown speed.
    -Last Stand (40s) - Become immune to all damage for 8s. Can only be used when your helth is below 30%.
    -Whirlwind (15s) - Unleash a spiral of death, dealing 3.6x normal damage to all nearby foes. Requires a colossal weapon.
    -Savage Pounce (8s) - Leap at your target, dealing 2x weapon power as crushing damage around the point of impact.
    -Banish (15s) - Strike your target for 2.2x damage and send them flying, knocking them down for 5s. Requires a colossal weapon.
    -Reckless Blow (8s) - A wild attack that deals 6x normal damage, but also damages you for 30% of your current health. Requires a colossal weapon.
    -Quake Strike (20s) - Rend the earth in a line towards your target, dealing 4x damage to all targets in the path. Requires a colossal weapon.

PASSIVE
    -Slaughter - increases critical strike chance with axes by 10%
    -Death Wish - You deal extra damage the lower your current health is, reaching as high as 30% extra damage.
    -Deep Wounds - Your critical hits with bladed weapons cause enemies to bleed for additional damage.
    -Colossal Weapons - Allows the use of colossal 2-handed weapons.
    -Adrenaline Rush - When you kill an enemy, you recover some health, and gain a temporary movement speed increase.

Fun Build Combinations / Playstyles

1. The SongSlayer
    (Primary: Rogue / Secondaries: Bard / Paladin)

Blend into the shadows and deliver a critical strike. Immediately "charm" another nearby enemy with the Bard's first acquired skill. I finish off with the Paladin's hammer for added damage!

Transferring characters between devices (if having trouble)

Links

- Battleheart Legacy Wikia Page
    - Battleheart Legacy Discussion Thread (Main) on TA
    - MikaMobile's Blogspot
    - MikaMobile.com
    - MikaMobile's Twitter
    - AppUnwrapper's Battleheart Legacy Guide
    - Independent guide by windwarz

2. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Since this game is so deep with so much to it, maybe having a dedicated forum for it would be best just like how the Inotia series did.

3. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Game seems tough as nails so far! Can't get past the Lv8 Den of the Cyclops :p

4. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Update: Added my build so far; working quite well and very fun! How are you guys constructing your characters so far?

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'm going pure magic user but I killed the witch so can't use her. Tip for magic users, get the barbarian first skill that enrages you for 10 seconds and boosts all your Dmg 40%. I also like the ninja throwing stars ability.

6. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Could you elaborate more on how to unlock the Ninja / Barbarian? I have half-information in the post above - thanks!

7. Elfanger

Elfanger Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    For Ninja - you get a random encounter where you must side with the female ninja and help her defeat the guards. She will then tell you to visit the ninja hideout. Once you visit the hideout and talk to her again a whole troop of guards charges in. Yet again you must side with the ninjas and assist in defeating the guards. Once this is done you are able to learn ninja skills.

8. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Active Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Sweet. I figured out how to unlock battlemage. You go to the fugitive camp at the northwest of the map (level 7 map). Run all the way to the last room (if you are low level and just want to unlock the class, you can ignore all the fights), and you will encounter an event where some dude that can imbue his sword with fire kills another mage. You talk to him thinking "awesome, I am gonna learn this" but nope, he won't actually teaches you there (funny conversation)

After that, you have no choice but to leave the map with the treasure and a sad face. Then you try to run around the map again and you will encounter him once more. Help him fight the group of bandits and he will teach you the way of battle mage back in the city. (I encountered him 2nd time around the south of the village we start our game at).

9. Elfanger

Oct 2, 2010
    I am going to create a spreadsheet to put all this info in. I also think it would be worthwhile to list all of the skills, split by class and the requirement to learn each skill.

Will set something up soon.

Hopefully community can help flesh it out until it is a complete encyclopaedia of knowledge for this game.

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    BL definitively seems deep enough for its own wiki. So here ya go: battleheartlegacy.wikia.com.

(I've yet to add any content, but just start creating pages, and I'll arrange the front page in a stately and educational fashion soon. I'll also make admins of frequent and willing contributors, for added editorial might :) )

11. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    WoW

You guys are awesome!!! Thanks for all the early info. I was wondering though can you ever switch a class once you start one. Example the first class you pick can you go back and change it or are you stuck with it? I know you can also add classes later on by making dual classes (which is amazing)

Can't wait to delve a little deeper in this one. Cube Farm BL overload here I come!!

12. Elfanger

Oct 2, 2010
    I have unlocked all class trainers. I made a spreadsheet containing this info: http://goo.gl/XP2Afi

Will also try to get a list of all skills and stat requirements for each of the classes. This will take a while if anyone would like to provide some input let me know.

13. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Active Member

Apr 28, 2011
    #13 Jackyhk, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    You don't get stuck since you don't actually become a class in this game. Instead, you learn active and passive skills from those trainers, and these skills has increasing stats requirement to be learned as you go. Each class involves around 2-3 stats (for example, Battlemage is str and int, Paladin is Cha, Str, and Edr, Wizard is Int and Skl, etc.), and it's possible for them to overlap between classes, making it very viable for hybrids.

So basically, this game is about finding classes that seem to share stats, and you work it out to get the skills, weapon, and armor of choice for your character. You would stick with those stats as you keep pumping more points and learn more advance skills from the same trainers.

For example, you can make a badass 2H-ed Battlemage that wields a Barbarian colossal sword by focusing into str and int, and a little bit of skl. Your first battlemage skill is 8 str 8 int which imbues your sword with fire, and you learn the passive to wield colossal weapon as the 2nd skill from the trainer with 11 str and 7 skl. You also notice with str, int, and some skl, you are gonna be able to learn quite a few skills from the wizard as well, so it would be a really good idea to start your char as wizard first (you are gonna need to kill some difficult stuff to get barbarian trainer).

14. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Nice job! Have updated the main post :)

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #15 Ayjona, May 28, 2014
    As much as I like keeping the discussion within Touch Arcade, a wiki is a much more comprehensible and convenient place to consolidate, contribute and access info like this. With the integrated forums and talk pages, the Wikia system is perfect for game fandom and strategy talk as well. So it would be great if you fellas could contribute all of this info to the newly created Battleheart Legacy Wiki as well!

16. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #16 explosive, May 28, 2014
    I can confirm you only need the skull to get the necromancer unlocked, also I went to the fugitive camp and the battlemage was not there so maybe he's randomised between a few places?

I can probably help with the wiki at some point by adding some skills. :)

Update: For battlemage you have to get quest from royal guard barracks in capital which sends you to the desert outpost.

17. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    Quick question for getting the Necromancer. I just got the quest from the Mage to retreive spider glands. Where exactly do I have to go to get a) the glands and b) the skull? Couldn't decipher it from the excel :)

18. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    Skull - Forbidden library - Crypt across the bridge
    Glands - Sunset Grove - SE of capital

19. Jackyhk

Jackyhk Active Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Hmm... consider ninja is also random, it could be. Well, the only quests I finished before I explored the map for battlemage was the lvl 2 globin quest, ore quest for the blacksmith at Shalestone mines slightly northwest of Eston (killed the guy since I couldn't charisma him out, lol. Got a Carte key or something from him), the witch quest (gave her the book to learn witchcraft). I also went to the Mage Academy and talked to the professor about necromancy before I explored Desert Outpost - Fugitive Hideout and found him. Maybe some of those quests are related to activating the encounter?

20. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    The skull is indeed found in a crypt and not a tower as mentioned in the original Excel grid. Found it and confirmed, only the skull (no glands) are needed for the Necro :)

Updated the main post.