★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

"Limbo-style" games?

07-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Grimm is kind of like it, but the only one I'd deaf recommend is Nihilumbra. I think it's better than Limbo and IMO probly in the top 10 IOS games ever. I'd consider it the test to showing your a true gamer if you can beat the entire game.

Some other games that are kind of like it(dunno if they were mentioned)

PenumBear
Unmechanical
Waking Mars
Oscura
Night Sky
Dynamite Jack
Swordigo
Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin
NYX Quest
Gene Effect
Glow Fish
Perfect Cell
FancyPants Adventure
Aquaria
Osmos
07-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Max_ View Post
Some low quality game but same art work

Haunted Night - Escape from Zombie
Dead Runner
Alone in the Gloom
Penumbear
Lad
Shadow Love
I don't think dead runner is exactly low quality... The graphics are good, it's just a simple concept like cube runner.

07-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Which was first, gene effect or waking mars? They both seem to be really similar, or to be more precise, the exact same premise with almost identical artwork, just the former has a slightly darker art style...
07-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Max_ View Post
Some low quality game but same art work

Haunted Night - Escape from Zombie
Dead Runner
Alone in the Gloom
Penumbear
Lad
Shadow Love
Well penumbear is very-very far from being a low quality game..it's one of the best puzzle platformer on iOS if you ask me..

It has been mentioned before..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
07-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
Well penumbear is very-very far from being a low quality game..it's one of the best puzzle platformer on iOS if you ask me..

It has been mentioned before..
+1 to this.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-06-2013, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnias View Post
Which was first, gene effect or waking mars?
Waking Mars by a couple of months.
07-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I think Vovin meant Dragon Slasher, from Boy and Witch Games. And he's absolutely right on both counts (it fits in this category, and it's the closed thing to Demon Souls on iOS).

Oh, yeah, thanks mate! I just confused the name a bit.
But it totally fits in this category.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Gene Effect by a couple of months.

It seems quite odd then that despite Gene Effect being released later and having such ridiculously close similarities that there haven't really been any complaints against it to have it pulled.
07-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnias View Post
It seems quite odd then that despite Gene Effect being released later and having such ridiculously close similarities that there haven't really been any complaints against it to have it pulled.
I don't think they are that similar, one is about controlling a person and building ecosystems and the other is more about collecting stuff controlling a ship.