Blutrol Compatibility list (iCade with non-iCade Games)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lumothesinner, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Happytodd

Happytodd Member

Aug 16, 2011
    South Australia
    #81 Happytodd, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    I just found out about Blutrol and I finally managed to get Minecraft PE set up on my iPad and my Zaggmate Keyboard. I have been after a tweak like this for so long and was hoping that it would work with the BTstack Mouse tweak I have.

A couple of cons is that it there is no true D-pad for Blutrol which makes moving almost impossible in Minecraft because you can only go in one direction and not diagonally. On top of that if I were to use my mouse I have to click and hold to look around, which then cancels out any movement in the Blutrol application. The same thing would happen if I were to use my keyboard to run around, then use press on the touchscreen using my finger, it would cancel out Blutrol.

What I would love to see is Blutrol work flawlessly with the BTstack Mouse tweak.

Kudos to the app so far and hoping to see more improvements such as more keys.

2. Noneevo

Noneevo Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Hey guy just bought blutrol and icade core,how do I setup this? I've made screenshot for streets of rage and bomberman but none works.

Thanks

3. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    How are you guys getting games like gof2 running with blutrol? I can controll it with the dpad but i have to jiggle it around first, wich is very annoying

4. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Great! Blutrol isn't compatible with 6.1. This plus RetinaPad was the reason I JB. Bummer :(

5. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Success! The previous issues were just due to a bloated Cydia. Having a blast on Alpha Squadron and KOF. This is awesome!

6. Iphoenix

Iphoenix Member

Jan 29, 2013
    For pinball arcade and zen pinball,

If i buy the steelseries free gamepad, jailbreak my ipad, can i map the pinballbuttons to left and right bumperbuttons?

7. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Because of the fixed control stick Gods Rebellion is flawless with icade/blutrol. Enjoy

Attached Files:

8. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
  9. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I've tested the new version quite a bit with analogue single/dual stick games.

I've found you need to use the built-in iControlPad connection to connect to the iCP started with Start+Y (as has also been mentioned by El Nacho). When trying to connect from the iDevice, start your iCP. You don't need to touch the stock Bluetooth settings. Your iCP can be paired with your iDevice – the Y mode is absolutely independent of the ABX / ABY iCade ones.

To map the analogue nub(s), reposition the "L" (and, in dual stick games, "R") circles (possibly enlargening them by pinching). An example screenshot with NOVA2 configured to run in Control mode 3 (it isn't the default):

[​IMG]

(large image: https://dl.dropbox.c...utrol-nova2.jpg )

Unfortunately, if you just move the center of the nub just only a bit, the change won't be registered. (A program error in Blutrol?) Actually, with NOVA2, when the game starts registering movement, it's already at a high amplitude (and a large movement of the nub). Basically, there's only little difference between the smallest and largest values registered.

(BTW, Mode 4 in NOVA2 (using the entire screen to aim) is even more useless than Mode 3 if you define "R" to cover almost the entire screen.)

This all means the control is by no way as smooth as in the native iCP support of Vertex Blaster.

Did anyone find a game where BluTrol behaves much better?

(Of course, my copy is legally purchased – see the "Purchased" arrow at https://dl.dropbox.c...0/blutrol30.jpg , which shows the update notes.)

10. EeeK

EeeK Active Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I got Blutrol working on my PS3 controller with a mario-like game called SWA but I can't get the emulators nes.emu, gba.emu, ... working.

Any idea?

11. EeeK

EeeK Active Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I'm also using my PS3 controller on my PC with Motionjoy Gamepad Tool. Any idea how can I pair my PS3 controller with both of them without keep changing the bluetooth address?

PS: I'm also planning to get a Android device with a Sixaxis Controller app soon.

12. simplycass

simplycass New Member

May 5, 2013
    You don't need Blutrol for the .emu apps. Just connect your iCade with regular BT and the .emu will connect. Create a new profile for the iCade controller under "options" and you're good to go.

Question for me: Does the latest Blutrol 3.0 fix the "floating D-pad issue" with the GTA apps? I want to buy Vice City but I've heard the controls aren't that great on a touch screen.

13. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Does someone made Blutrol work with Wimp?

14. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yeah it works :)

15. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Great! Now I have a reason to JB my iPhone :)

16. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Blutrol is awesome but TBH Id wait until the upcoming IOS dev conference. IOS 7 is getting a major upgrade and you might not want to fork out the money for the window between now and then
    Just something to consider

17. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Even if iOS 7 will be introduced next month it will be out on September or October, right? If so it's gonna be a large window, do you agree?

Anyway JB for 6.1.3 (my iPhone 4 iOS ver) is still not avaiable, so I'll have to wait anyhow.

18. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Agreed its a large window and IMO its worth doing for the added games to the icade catalogue. It's great. Just a shame it will end later in the year

19. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Does this work with Worms 2?

20. imjhonfre

imjhonfre Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    i love blutrol :d
    i wish they'd give support for WiiRemote's nunchuk. does anyone have an idea if they are or not going to give support for nunchuk any soon?