Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-12-2014, 04:38 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Instead of getting more people to check out the gane, I effectively killed this thread? Nice!
I think the game itself effectively killed the thread. Guess I'll give it one more shock to the chest.

Sorry, I tried to give it another go. I forced myself through the slow beginning, now I'm at a point where I've aquired most of the powers and I still wouldn't rate it any better. Yes, the controls are serviceable but that doesn't keep the game from being a repetitive bore. The story, character, enemies, skill and equipment systems all lack any depth or entertainment. Instead of earning or upgrading powers you just enter another level and a new power is just dropped on you with no better story than "hey, you're getting stronger again". The equipment system is shallow and barely impacts gameplay in any meaningful way.

As far as the couple of reviews floating around out there, anyone comparing this to Diablo in any way obviously can't have their opinion trusted. The only similarity this has with Diablo is an isometric camera angle and a horrible story.

I really did want to like this game and went into it with an open mind despite some of the negative comments I'd heard. I would love to be able to defend it instead of admitting I wasted my money.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'm actually enjoying it so far. I knew it would be light in story and it isn't an RPG so didn't expect any kind of deep upgrade system. But the gameplay gets fun and more hectic. The minion twist is nice and a lot of the powers are pretty cool.

And even though there's not much change to the environments, it mixes things up nice with levels of moving platforms, wave based levels, etc. IMO, at least, there's enough here after the first few levels to keep things interesting. And I have no regrets with my purchase.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:24 PM

I posted in the Android forum but this gets more views so I thought I would cross post it here.

Has anyone tried installing Archangel for Android on a Kindle? I just figured out side loading but before I buy the game I thought I would check to see if anyone had tried it.

Thanks,
Farley
Old 01-14-2014, 06:36 PM

Default Archangel Updated!

Hi Guys,

Once again, thanks for your interest in the game and comments!

It has actually been the comments on this thread that have in large part prompted us to update (now live on Android and iOS). You now have the unlimited teleport ability from level 2 instead of level 10!

This should mean the pace of the game is a lot better, and because the control system was based around having the teleport ability, controls should feel more natural.

We've noted the comments about the virtual controller. After some thought it doesn't seem like it would be a bad thing anyway. It's under consideration.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ames.archangel
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id736358018?mt=8

farley2k: The game can have problems when not downloaded from play, but I think we've had it running on a kindle fire before. I really couldn't say though I'm afraid.

Last edited by alexandertharvey; 01-14-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 01-14-2014, 11:20 PM

Okay so I just saw the game is 2$ instead of 5$. I bought it, it's friggen awesome! The visuals are great. I actually love the controls. I usually prefer analog as most but these controls seem on point and for the game style perfectly. It doesn't have to much of a loot mechanic I don't think. You can choose/pickup different weapons though. I've only played the first few missions, and they've updated it with infinite teleport at a sooner level. I'm enjoying myself. Definitely worth the 2$ (:

Great job guys. I could tell a lot of work was put into this. The game deserves more attention!

Edit:just realized the loot system involves more than just weapons. Apparently you can pickup shields, armor, and so on.

Last edited by Zeillusion; 01-14-2014 at 11:27 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 01:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Could someone please throw light on the loot system, upgrading, crafting/enchanting/cooking abilities(if any) The controls imo relies more on getting used to, but the depth is really what drives me to keep grinding even after the main story line has finished.. just my views..
Old 01-15-2014, 01:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Just started. There's this weird delay in between tapping and actually moving. And double tapping to teleport is really easy to trigger because of how long the window for it is. I miss Echo Prime's controls already but we'll see what else this game has up its sleeves.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:31 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I too am getting alot of false teleports when trying to fire fast.

Is there anyway we can have an option to turn teleport off?