MiniSquadron Special Edition!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mrfungfung, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfungfung

mrfungfung Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    #1 mrfungfung, Apr 8, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
    Hi guys! Following on from the Exclusive Look at MiniSquadron Special Edition (from the front page: http://tinyurl.com/yk2onmr), here's a thread to just tell you guys to look out for this game! Here is a short list of the new features:

- 8 brand new levels, beautifully drawn and each accompanied with a track by more Dead Composers,
    - Helicopters which hover - providing new gameplay opportunities,
    - Over 50 more planes to unlock,
    - 2 new pickups: "Rapid Fire" and "Freeze"
    - A new weapon - Fireballs!
    - More animals to shoot down - including Jellyfish, Vampires and Hamsters!
    - OpenFeint Achievements!
    - Bluetooth and Wifi 1 vs 1 Multiplayer!

For some more thoughts you can check out my blog post on the subject: http://minisquadron.blogspot.com/2010/04/minisquadron-special-edition.html

I want to also post some screenshots of the game so you can take a look at some more pretty pixels :D Throw me questions or whatever - I am very excited about this as it is MiniSquadron but with EVEN MORE THINGS TO SHOOT! :D (EDIT: eurgh always forget to leave my contact details - follow me on twitter.com/mrfungfung for the latest news and ramblings, or check out the blog minisquadron.blogspot.com for the same but ~delayed~)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    More MiniSquadron, sweet!! :D

3. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    YAY and AWWW... More minisquadron! More money spent... Still, looks good! :) :D

4. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I didn't find the first one very interesting, so I probably won't like this either.

5. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Looks great! Never finished the first one so I hope I can for this one

6. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    #6 mrfungfung, Apr 8, 2010
    @Random_Guy - thanks for informing me of that! You can always try the first 2 levels for free to see if it changes your mind! :) And obvously that goes for everyone else too - esp @Gryphon23, you can save up and spend slowly ha!

MORE MINISQUADRON FOR ALL YEAH!

7. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
  8. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this, definetley gonna buy the DLC! Does this version include multiplayer like the first

9. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    Yeah - oh but its updated so it has Bluetooth Multiplayer (FINALLY). You can multiplayer in the UNDERGROUND TUBE BABY

10. ericube

ericube Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Mate, saw from the TA article said you were UK based...really?

11. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Once again, a beautiful game developer with the wrong business model.

Do you want to have in-App purchases, fine, do it, but instead of launching a freemium Special Edition, put that as an update on the original game and make us pay for extra contents.

Why on Earth do that way? You are goingto confuse gamers and most people will see that as a lite version of your game.

I am not a big fan of DLCs because I think people get tired of games fairly quick, and because of huge variety of games offered, it is easy to buy or download another game.

I think as a business model, you should be able to put a complete game and try to manage the price. On the long term, you can make more money.

Off course things are blurry right now and the future is uncertain, but I know a very small number of people that buy DLCs.

Bruno

12. ericube

Jan 20, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Bruno, I think 59p is a fair enough price, you know mate, a Chicken bake from Greggs even costs you 1 pound now...

13. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    @ericube - Yes - why is this a constant surprise hahaha! It's a bit annoying as I have a sneaky suspicion that were I based in the US, Apple US would actually "feel me" more - and like I said before, I feel like Kylie Minogue - trying to break the US Market all the time

14. ericube

Jan 20, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Cool mate, I'm in Glasgow man:p

15. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    #15 mrfungfung, Apr 8, 2010
    Thanks for the thoughts Bruno - but its a technicality and also a code issue.

1) Technicality - I didn't sign the original MiniSquadron with a certificate that lets you do In-App Purchases. That is, I cannot update that app to have DLC unless I take the app off the store, and resubmit with all a new ID and hence all my stats are shot

2) Code "issue" - I have some plans for some fun and gameplay jiggery pokery akin to Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Red that I want to try, so I want to almost prep this by doing 2 versions - hence Special Edition! :)

also thanks for calling me "a beautiful game developer" lol :D

16. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    How many map packs are there?
    Do map packs include aircraft as well?

17. Ddyracer123

Aug 4, 2009
    Look at the first post carefully.

18. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    So there are 8 levels in total. You get 2 for free, and then each set of 2 will be $0.99. That includes all the planes on that level with it - but of course you still have to unlock them first!!

Depending on how things pan out (who knows right?) I could offer an option where you simply buy out all the planes (as a separate option to everything else), but that's kinda cheating no? :p

19. Autopsy

Autopsy Member

Sep 22, 2009
    @mrfungfung - sorry if I missed it but is there a MiniSquadron HD in the works? Would love to see it on the iPad. Thanks & GL!

20. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Is this an update?