iPhone VOIDS - Addictive Retro Arcade Title

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by geppetto, Mar 5, 2012.

1. geppetto

geppetto Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    #1 geppetto, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    VOIDS is a retro-inspired arcade game for iPad, with fast, addictive gameplay and an awesome soundtrack.

You are Commander Star, pilot of the last surviving ship in a battle against an alien horde intent on destroying the Earth. With your weapons systems offline, and your shield barely functional, can you use your wits to survive the alien onslaught?

VOIDS has been submitted to the App Store and should be available within the next couple of weeks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    It looks good in the video, if very similar to a number of other quality iOS titles I've played. Any further info on the game? :)

3. geppetto

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    Thanks for the positive comments :)

The premise of Voids is that we join the hero kind of at the wrong end of the battle. Her ship is damaged, all of her allies are dead, and things are looking pretty grim.

With your weapons down, your only way to "fight" the enemy is by ramming their ships with yours, but you can only safely do this when your shield is tuned to the correct frequency for a particular enemy type.

So the strategy side of the game comes in the form of a constant juggling act between chasing down certain enemies, while actively avoiding others.

Chaining kills together is essential for building points and progressing through the later levels. There are some powerups that help you along the way, as well as some boss fights that take place at regular intervals throughout the game.

As a classic arcade-style game, I think Voids works extremely well. I'm very happy with it and keen to see what people think once it's available.

4. geppetto

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    On the good news front, myself and my testing team (my wife) have decided that Voids actually plays extremely well on the iPhone too.

Last night I reworked the interface and created a Universal app to resubmit to Apple.

Happy to report that Voids will be available for both iPad AND iPhone users now! :)

5. barret011

barret011 New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    thanks you[​IMG]:)

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Glad to hear you're taking it Universal! I'll be looking forward to seeing this come out, and giving it a try. :)