A Good Fast-Paced Action-RPG.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Obi-Wan00, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    Hi there friends. First of all, sorry for my english (im argentinian)... Now, im a huge fan of RPGs, im almost 30 years old, so ive played a lot since the origins of the genre (including master pieces like FF7-12, Diablo,Baldurs-Dragon Age, etc.) and i been loving games on the iphone like Chaos Rings, Eternal Legacy, CrimsonHearts,Zenonia,etc.(and ive tried a lot more) but now that ive played almost all of them (some ive finsh them others got bored :p) im looking for some FAST PACED one, most likely Crimsonhearts and Diablo3 (so you guys can get a hint of what im looking foward to) in terms of action-rpg. Ive played the recently Heroes Call, but its so slow paced that it bored me as soon as a played it, and its freemium (wtf) so, ill pass.. really. I dont like to play a monthly fee like in Order&Chaos or any other freemium games, i prefer a 1 payment only and then play (off or online, that does not matter).

Im anxious for Inf.Blade Dungeons, but i have iphone, and i think its coming for ipad if im not mistaken ... :(

Well, i hope that u guys understand my poor english LoL and can recommend me some good game, im open to suggestions.

thanx for your time guys! cya

2. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    example of games that i didnt liked: HYBRID, LEGEND OF MASTER, INMORTAL DUSK.

a good one that i really liked (but ive already played it a lot :p) : MAGE GAUNTLET.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    If you are familiar with the classics, then you are probably already aware, but there is a port of The Secret of Mana on the AppStore. Also definitely give Mage Gauntlet a try (though it's RPG elements are thin and it's more of a pure action game dressed like an action RPG).

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Pocket RPG is a bit different with twin stick style controls, but I find that to be one of the best action based RPGs (although pretty light on the RPG side of things).

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    First - infinity blade dungeons is to be released on iPhone / iPod, I believe. Although it may see release on iPad earlier.

Second - yes, secret of mana. I know some would say it's just nostalgia, this is as good as action RPGs get though. On ios or any other platforms. This and Zelda are two of the benchmark classics of the genre.

Third - if you like Diablo, I'd recommend Solomon's keep very strongly. It seems from your post that you get bored with constant grinding in games ( me too ). Solomon's keep, pocket rpg, and Mage gauntlet ate lite on grinding / excessive story elements.

6. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Definitely try dungeon defenders if you like picking up loot!

7. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    #7 Obi-Wan00, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    well, first of all thx for all the answers!! this is a good community :)

now i will answer to all of you...

Ones ive already played:
    - Mage Gauntlet ive already played it A LOT, and i loved it. (i dont want to go back to it right now LoL)

- Pocket PRG ive tried it, its not "bad", but it didnt "hooked" me neither...

- Order&Chaos, this one i would love to try, but its monthly pay, so forget it :( sadly.

Coming Soon:
    - Infinity Blade Dungeons : Ive read that it was coming for iphone MAYBE after the iPad release, but its not 100% certain. (crossing fingers :D )

And now, the ones i will try (thx to suggestions from u guys)
    - Solomons Keep : You GOT ME, with this one mate, i never tought it was an actionRPG, so i will try it out right now and tomorrow will have a feedback for you about the game ;) thank you.

- Secret of Mana is one game that i never played (maybe it got too "OLD" for me???) ive tried Chrono Cross recently but really, its too "16bit" for me right now hehe, but maybe ill try SoM since everyone recomends it.

- Dungeon Defenders: ANother one that i did not tried out yet! I LOVE SO BADLY picking up LOOT!! hehe... but this one ISNT a Tower Defense game with a twist????? i tought of that when it came out so i never tried it out... do u recommend it? im not a huge fan of tower defense !! (only played field runners and geodefense, the best ones for me.)

ps: i dont mind grinding in Rpg`s, but it must be good, right now in diablo3 i have one char.lvl60 and another on lvl28, almost 120hours into, so if the grinding is GOOD (rewarding) and entertaining gameplay (diablo series and dragon age/baldurs series is the perfect example of this for me)

Well, this was really helpfull to me and i hope that someone could get some info from here as well... i will keep posting and i encourage that u guys do the same so we can keep this post up with good action or story driven RPGs. (old or new ones).

Cya!

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Can't believe I didn't think of it before, but Swordigo is a fantastic side scrolling action RPG. Though I'd be surprised if you haven't tried it already.

9. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    yeah royce, youre right ive already tried it, but you wouldnt believe me if i tell you that i didnt liked it... really. its a good platformer, but im not into platformers,jumping all the way, to be honest. ive played for about a few hours then dropped it. sorry :p

10. Coburn

Coburn Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    MI, USA
    I highly recommend Aurum Blade if you are a fan of Diablo. I believe it is free at the moment so grab it if you don't already have it. Lots of loot (you get access to a dungeon once a day that has really good loot). And pretty fast-paced.

Dungeon Defenders is okay, I am a huge fan of action RPGs, and it just lacked the adventure aspect of RPGs.

If you are looking at Order & Chaos, I suggest you get Aralon.

Also, I highly recommend The Bard's Tale, a funny RPG with a great story line and several hours of gameplay. It's a fullscale game, a well-done port of the 2004 Bard's Tale.

11. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Dang you've been here 3 years, and have 4 post? (That's awesome)

Have you tried out Space Miner: Space Ore Bust? It's a duel-stick Asteroids-esque RPG.

12. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    Yep,youre right IM more a reader And MY english IS not that GOOD so thats the reason i hope u dont get MAD about IT :p

Ive tried SOLOMONS KEEP And did not liked IT :(

Aralon Ive played IT when IT came out BUT never GOT too much into IT. Didnt liked the COMBAT gameplay.

Aurum Blade : IM REALLY tired of korean rpgs lol its not bad,IM just looking FOR something else!

I think that i WILL give a 2nd run ON DUNGEON HUNTER 2 (the best one i think. Cause the 3rd one IS absolute garbage,what a shame!)

13. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    I found Solomon's keep to be very grind heavy. And the lotto system regarding upgrades was a turn off 4 me.

14. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Nope, not mad. ;)

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
  16. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Try...

Osiris legends
    Across age dx
    Draggons odessy?( from the people that made acros age and it's on sale,)
    Robokill
    Crimson steam pirates
    Samurai 2: Vengace
    Demon Hunter
    Tinyledgends
    Knights arena
    LoD - ledgend of darkness
    Starbase Orion
    Tactical soldier
    Battleheart
    Bards tale
    Nix Quest
    Colosseum heroes
    Knights rush
    Macguffins curse
    Perfect cell
    Glow fish
    Squids
    Highborn
    Sword of faragoal
    Nihilumbra
    Knights rts

17. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    Wow, thats a lots of game to try/buy LoL. I will check them out first.

RIght now im playing (again) Dungeon Hunter 2 (its really the closest thing to diablo?)...

18. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    Im replaying that cause im a bit tired of korean-like RPG`s (or OLD school graphics cause i played A LOT of them) kinda Zenonia, Across Age, Crimson,etc. i liked them, its just that im bored of the "style" right now, and im looking for something different, more diablo-like, so i think that i will wait (and hope that gets made for iphone) for BALDURS GATE HD REMAKE and INFINITY BLADE DUNGEONS.

19. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    #19 Wizard_Mike, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  20. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    Ok, i will check it out, thx for the info...