All games released on a specific date should be released at the exact same time!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

I have not once been lucky with Apple releasing my games. And yes I am filling in the date correctly( 24 of Jan). So it is January 24 you get an email early morning informing you your app is ready for sale. An hour later you search the category you submitted in and nothing, two hours later nothing, but a bunch of apps with the same date are live and visible. In the evening a few more trickle in but not your app. The next day apps are showing up for the 25 but still your app isn't listed. Then later in the evening your app dated the 24 of January suddenly shows up under the pages of the first set of apps from the 24. So you are buried several pages deep with no visibility. Meanwhile someone else is sitting on top of the list for over 18 hours with the same date as you. In this day and age this can easily be solved.

This is a very simple request to Apple. Please release all the apps from a specific date as a group. This trickling effect is totally unfair and can cause errors. The first app on the the list can be the last approved app, but all apps of that specific date should at least be presented as a group. Really,really not happy with this issue since our lively hood depends on it.

2. lukeca

lukeca Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Just some advice, ever since the release date changes that were made back in November, it is now much better to set your release date to the next day. So, if you got approved today, Jan 24th, then you should set your release date to tomorrow Jan 25th. Your app will most likely go live very late on the 24th and will show up on the 25th in the first batch of release date updates. At least that has been my experience.

3. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Lukeca,

Thanks for the tip (appreciate it). Every time I submit a game it reminds me of buying a lottery ticket. Hoping for a good position on the release date list.

4. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

With so much stuff coming out on a given day getting on the release list isn't what it used to be. Get some marketing in motion and YOU choose the release date.