How to spend 5K on advertising ?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by tghy012, Feb 13, 2013.

1. tghy012

tghy012 New Member

Feb 13, 2013
    we are about to launch a new app in the entertainment category. since we have really high hopes for this one - we put aside 5K for adverting ( not that much, we know:() any advice will be helpful. Banners? and if yes - which network? Revmob and Chartsboost seems like the winners so far but please share if you tried any of them. FAAD or the like?

Any help will be much appreciated :)

2. webstonegames

webstonegames Active Member

Sep 17, 2012
    We have used Facebook mobile ads.

Avarge price for install was 0,16€.

Use CPC and test different ad variations.

3. tghy012

tghy012 New Member

Feb 13, 2013
    0.16 is not bad at all - ill sign first thing tomorrow ;) thanks webstonegames

4. Stephen Richard

Stephen Richard Active Member

Jan 2, 2013
    USA
    I think Consumers generally won’t click on banner ads especially not on Facebook and they like to view ads as an intrusion of their browsing experience.

5. Ebreeze

Ebreeze Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Game fans sites, a great trailer....I'm not to sure about Facebook ads...it's seems too wide for a target market

6. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Use it for video

Wish i had 5k for advertising, good for you! I'm also not sure if spending the money on banner ads will help much but then i don't have the experience in this - its just a gut feeling. I would try and spend more time with social media to try and get more word of mouth out there - maybe use the money on video production and create a good professional looking video to get people checking it out and talking about it. It seems like having a video of your app / game is a must these days.

Cheers