Scratch protection films and gaming

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tquinta, Dec 28, 2011.

1. tquinta

tquinta Active Member

Mar 2, 2010
    So I just got and iPhone 4s and I've been gaming ever since. I tought the touchscreens of iPhones were quite scratch resistant but I've seen some videos on Youtube and they do get scratched quite noticeably.
    Maybe I should I put on of those protective films, but I'm worried I will get poor touch controls.
    Any experience withs these? What do you recommend?

2. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I use zagg to protect my ipod touch. It has a different feel to it at first which takes some getting use to. But I have NEVER had any issues with the touch screen. I have an ipod touch 32gb 3rd gen.

I highly recommend zagg as you get a lifetime warranty and replacement on your product. I had an issue with my screen protector (my fault) and I got a new one just had to pay for shipping ( a few dollars)

Hope this helps!

3. MrOstrich

MrOstrich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I'll second this, I've used Zaggs stuff and they are high quality, and do have a lifetime warranty. Just hold onto the receipt and relevant info and you'll have a screen protector for the life of your device.

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I use an iShieldz screen protector, and I prefer it over the Zagg protectors.

5. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Power Support USA has a really great crystal (versus anti-glare) film.

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    I use cheap ones that I get with cases from eBay........

Jokes, I don't use them, the hassle they cause, the price for one $10 in Aus and the appearance after such a short amount of time is just not worth it. Plus I have dropped my iPod and iPad plenty has my iPod in my pocket and stuff and only the back of it has been scratched, the glass has never damaged on any device.

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Think mines an anti glare one can't remember the make but I'm sure it's saved me multiple scratches and let me see the screen easier in sunlight so it was a worthwhile investment and you can't tell it's on there.