Rolando 1 and 2 question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by madmud101, Feb 3, 2010.

1. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    So, I have not bought Rolando 1 or 2, but I really like the look and feel of them, and I am a big indie developer supporter (Gameloft, no thanks). However, I fear in Rolando 1, there is too much luck and multitasking (could not think of a better word). I mean, I don't want to be given a heap of rolandos and be told to get from A to B. In the advert, it seemed like the guy was just constantly swiping up while a 5 rolandos haphazardly jump up and down trying to get on the same ledge. For me, this type of gameplay gets me frustrated. I'm more into puzzles.

Then I look at Rolando 2 and in the gameplay there seems to be more puzzles and buttons which I feel is better. So someone tell me whether it is? Or is it just the same as Rolando 2. Or maybe i'm wrong about Rolando 1. I dunno :confused:

I hope you understand what I am getting at.

Mad

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    If you search, there are threads on R1 and R2 here on TA.

Personally, I liked R1 better.

You can play demos of each (which you may have already done) to help you decide.

3. madmud101

Dec 30, 2009
    Thanks, but when I looked the most recent post was in 2008. :D

Why do you think R1 is better?

4. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

If you like puzzles get iBlast Moki. It has similar graphics but cuter than Rolando.

5. madmud101

Dec 30, 2009
    mmm... nice suggestion.

For some reason I have never really checked it out, i'll do so now.

Thanks!

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I have been in the same boat for quite sometime, but I am just waiting for another price drop on R1, may be R3 should do tht :D

R1 is better as it is tuffr, not as simpler as in R2.
    One can KILL enemies in R2, where as in R1 there is more task to do which in ur words is... :p