Plus+ Or OpenFeint (Poll)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheEvilMonkey01, Oct 11, 2009.

?

Plus+ Or OpenFeint?

1. Plus+

57.1%
  2. OpenFeint

42.9%
  1. TheEvilMonkey01

Oct 11, 2009
    Plus+ Or OpenFeint?
    VOTE AWAY!!!

2. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    That is a total DUH open feint is like 100 times better!!

3. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    wow rly is this neccessary

Plus+ is the best

4. tmcaffeine

tmcaffeine Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    OpenFeint is open. Plus+ isn't.
    If your network only spans a few major games it really isn't worth it.

5. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Plus+ is better but OpenFeint has more games. Hard choice.

6. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    After Eliminate and Touchpets come out, Plus+ will be way better than OprenFeint

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Plus+ all the way.

Openfeint feels really laggy, and I don't care for the UI much.

8. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    wow really close appears as though i am the desciding vote...

9. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    open feint sucks, its so crappy always crashes when plus bArley has any troubles

10. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Plus+ because your points means something and it looks and feels better. Feint has free crap games with eas achievments that gave 100 points. Feint is also slow, lags your game when you get an achievment, lacks basic features, and is ugly

11. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Plus+ is more fleshed out

12. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Open feint has more games

13. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    I like the Plus+ interface better. It's cleaner, and a lot smoother than OpenFeint. Even though OpenFeint has more games available on it, Plus+ is the one I'd go with if I had a choice to choose which games on which.

14. Windburn

Windburn Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm really torn between these two.

In their current iterations, I think I'd have to go with OpenFeint, and it'd mainly be for its cleaner, more accessible interface. It is easier to use the OpenFeint tabs to switch between Achievements, Leaderboards and Social features in each game.

It also looks great in Landscape mode, which I think is sorely needed in Plus+ as having to rotate your device just to access online functions is unecessary and breaks from its integration with the game.

I saw a user's comments above that rankings in Plus+ actually mean something, and have been scratching my head at that. How exactly do ranks differentiate between the two platforms, they both seem to do exactly the same thing as far as I'm aware-- give you bragging rights.

I think another big factor are the games OpenFeint has managed to secure. Currently the Plus+ library is too small, and I really can't see why, as ngmoco has enough games that it has published itself to make a solid foundation for the network (apparently they're all coming soon to Plus+, but who knows when?).

Anyway, we'll see how these two evolve. People should also be aware of the other major contender now, AGON, which many recent apps are deciding to go with, for some unknown reason. AGON needs a bit more polish, but I think it may even be on par with Plus+ in its current state.

15. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

What I meant about the ranking is there are some games in Open Feint that just give away a lot of points through easy achievments. While the Plus+ games, for the most part, make you earn all your points

16. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    The difference in games is not going to be a legitimate complaint for long. They've talked about having about 50 Plus+ games by years end.

17. Windburn

Windburn Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I hope not, because I think they're both worthy networks. But talk is cheap.

The current climate definitely appears as though the OpenFeint devs are putting more man hours into their network, and as such have alot more to show for it. If they keep it up, it'll pay off for them in the long run too.

This happens even on major console networks like XBL and PSN, and will certainly happen to each of the platforms once their title library expands. Yes, it sucks, but this is the fault of the developer and they should bare the responsibility. These social platforms would have to play through a game in its entirety and operate an AppStore-like approval system otherwise, and I think that's a little burdensome. I guess it's up to us to give them feedback when a game is giving gratuitous achivement points and hope they respond :)

18. ripofra

ripofra Well-Known Member

Agon all the way. IT has a clean, nice interface (although no smooth graphics like Plus+) and it just, works. Plus+ is also nice but is laggy and OpenFeint is just... ugly and crashes all the time. My favorite is AGON, next Plus+, next OpenFeint, but I use all of them.

19. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm not going to vote because I can't decide. They both have their own merits and their deficiencies.

20. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Plus+: Speedy, amazing interface, great support, very easy to keep the same account when switching devices (Grrr at OF), all the achievements mean something, it's always in the same place on the menu, and the button looks great, the games it's in are always quality, it's possible to collect them all without spending outrageous amounts of money.

OpenFeint: Relatively slow, has the annoying loading bar between every page, has offline functionality (but not very much), slick interface, both landscape and portrait support, some non-updated games have horrible-looking outdated OpenFeint, some games don't have achievements, some have ridiculous "spend 30 seconds playing and you get 50000 points" achievements, isn't easy to sync with twitter (Said "could not connect" thousands of times, and still can't get it to work!!!), hard to find new friends, slightly hard to get around, not in the same place in every game, too many crappy games in the catalog, a lot of lite versions of games also have OpenFeint, which makes it harder to collect them all because you have to buy the full version and get the lite version.

Overall, Plus+ by far.