Dungeon Hunter II !!! (Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nielololek, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nielololek

nielololek Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    #1 nielololek, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2010

The sequel to Dungeon Hunter is coming soon to the AppStore !!! It's Dungeon Hunter 2 from Gameloft !

Here are few screens of the new game :

It looks really cool, and in comparison to the previous version, the graphics (especially the special effects) are amazing !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=445628&id=216238295505&ref=mf

2. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
    looks grate.

3. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Can gameloft please make this a longer game than the first one. It was way too short on the first one and I went through all three characters in about 10 hours.

4. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Yeah, I wish I could feed off a $1 burger for more than 10 hours. One day I'll get my wish!

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don't care about length -- just tone down the loot-fest, give more meat to the story (tall order for Gameloft, I know), and just make the gameplay challenging and not just a test of how fast you can spam the health-potions.

The first one started great, but soon turned into a chore.

6. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    Agreed. It would be nice to not go through the game so quickly though. I agree the loot that was dropped was far too much to take in the first one. It should have really been called Dungeon Hunter: Loot Master

7. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well, it's a diablo clone, it's not really supposed to have the features that you say you want in. Diablo clones (and not just Gameloft games, all Diablo clones) are typically loot fests with minimal story. All I want in this sequel is deeper gameplay (e.g. expand the skill trees more), more classes (looks like there may be from the screenshots) and just generally make it longer than the last one.

8. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Dang it, why can't gameloft make a gangster 2 or modern combat 2? It's great they are making these games but I really want a modern combat 2 with fun multiplayer. I guess I'll keep wishing..

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I don't mind the quantity and variety of loot: I just want it to be more challenging to obtain. And Dungeon Siege had much more of a story than Diablo or Dungeon Hunter, so it's not impossible to deepen that aspect of the game. I don't need Tolstoy, just more of a reason why you're doing what you're doing.

Deeper skill tree would be appreciated -- definitely agree with that.

10. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Loot overload tends to happen with all Diablo clones, in my experience. You just learn to pick what you actually need at higher levels. Still, better to have too much loot than too little.

I thought the story to Dungeon Siege was pretty sub-par anyway, just more of a disguise to what essentially was a bloody lootfest. I think the story in DH was just about enough to decorate the gameplay nonetheless.

11. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    The last one was so linear, I hope they make it more free roam

12. Yep, I really have to agree. That's why I stopped playing it half way through. :(
    Gameloft, make this good.

13. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    So does your spelling....

14. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    The original was my favorite game by Gameloft, so I'll be looking forward to this. More weight on the RPG elements would be great.

15. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Yeah, there was a distinct lack of depth which kept the first one from being good to something better.

Also

Quoted from the rules:

16. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
  17. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Very excited about this! The first game is my favorite iPad game by far! Just give me more more more! My only request is don't release the iPhone game and then make me wait forever for the iPad version. Release at the same time!!

-Greg

18. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Good good good.

19. Obscure

Obscure Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Australia
    I'm excited for this, hopefully it'll expand a lot on what the first one did. I can always rely on Gameloft to give me the best games on the app store.