Shape Shatter - a game about filling progress bars (Free)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by easmussen82, Jun 11, 2012.

1. easmussen82

easmussen82 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2011
    independent iOS developer
    #1 easmussen82, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
    Hello! I'm the developer of New World Colony (big TA thread here) and I just finished and submitted my new game called Shape Shatter.

Here's the free download link: Shape Shatter in iTunes

It's partially a satire of the fact that most modern games have some sort of progress bar of 'level up' system. I figured that this must be a very powerful mechanic so I decided to build an entire game based explicitly on filling bars. This Penny Arcade comic sums up the inspiration nicely.

So in this game players swipe to obliterate these adorable cartoony shapes and earn XP for every pattern they find and destroy. Players complete randomly-generated missions, collect random loot, and unlock power-ups (that can themselves be leveled-up). Basically, anything and everything you do fills one of dozens of progress bars. My goal was to make the player feel this constant rush of endorphins.

Here's some screenshots. Enjoy!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
  3. easmussen82

Jan 2, 2011
    My fault, thanks for the pointer. Will update this thread again once the game is live.

4. easmussen82

Jan 2, 2011
    Ok, Shape Shatter launched today. I updated the original post, but here's the download link once again.

Would love to know what you think!