Universal Don't Die, Mr. Robot! - out March 25th (promocodes)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Infinite State Games, Mar 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Infinite State Games, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  2. dbuser38

dbuser38 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Seems a lot of fun from the clip. I don't know the PS4 and Vita versions. I've subscribed for a code. Bullet Shoot from another Perspective :)

3. Thanks man :) It's definitely a lot of fun. Headphones recommended for maximum fruit-trance :D

Code sent by the way, with our best wishes

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Looks nice!

5. Cheers! Here's some more gameplay videos. These are of some of the 50 remix mode missions...

6. gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Male
    Former Apple Technology Evangelist
    #TeamGB
  7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Words cannot describe how happy this game makes me feel. I don't know if the aesthetics somehow bring back memories of my childhood, growing up with an Amiga, but there's something immensely satisfying about how this plays. I mean, it essentially boils down to the game being an avoidance game much like Tilt to Live or Radiangames' Fireball SE, but I'd lying if I said I haven't been enjoying DDMR more than I ever the did the aforementioned 2 games. You could totally put this on the App Store without the Remix Mode and everyone would be happy, but said mode really turns up the content and replayability to 11.

Also, unless I'm mistaken there's not a single IAP to be found.

Highly recommend this when it's out. Love it. Those controls man...flawless!

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thanks for the promo! These controls are spot on. I was worried about you going with tilt but you nailed it. This game is very similar to TTL but the main deference that really changes things is that rather than the enemies chasing you, they move on their own like a bullet hell. I really like this change. Very fun so far.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I agree with cool pepper, these controls rock! This is a very cool arcade game in a similar vein to TTL, but different enough to stand on its own merits. Thanks for the early access code devs, honestly this game deserves to be recognized upon release. :D

10. Wow, thanks for all the positive comments!

We're really happy you guys like the game, and you're most welcome to these preview codes :)

Not long now, out in 10 days!

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #12 metalcasket, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh man, I'm having the hardest time putting this down. Truly "deceptively moreish". ;)

Considering I've been given a code, I want to support you guys through Bandcamp, but unfortunately there's no way for me to pay through PayPal (or the PayPal-supported non-PayPal [does that make sense? :p] paying method) over here in Lebanon. :(

EDIT: ORLY? Platinum trophies in each of the remixes? Challenge accepted.

12. Hey gang! OK we've moved the release day a little closer - Now releasing at midnight on 24th March

metalcasket - ah man, so cool you're enjoying yourself with DDMR! If you wanna support us, either tell lots and lots of your pals about DDMR when it comes out, or why not get our iOS game Frutorious! It's cheap and has a metric shedload of levels and stuff. Also fruit!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/frutorious/id524952395?mt=8 :D

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #14 metalcasket, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Bought! :) Gotta ask though, any plans for it to turn universal at some point?

And of course I'll be spreading the word. It's the least I could do considering I truly believe DDMR, next to Ridiculous Fishing is the best tilt experience on the App Store.

14. Thanks! :) Hope you enjoy it!

There's no plans to revisit Frutorious in the near future, no. It never really took off and we've kinda cut our losses on it, even though we absolutely adore it.

But if Don't Die proves popular, we'd love to do a sequel :)

15. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I went to the link for a promo code (as stated in the title of this thread) but it is not a regular offer to Touch Arcade users.
    It is for reviewers. The form will request the url of where you post reviews.

Or did I do something wrong?

The game does look good though.

16. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Such a beautiful game. Gyro works very precisely. So much fun here with the remixes. 5 stars easily!

17. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I love tilt controls when done right and these are done right! Amazing game, I purchased your first game too, I can't believe I had never heard of it before and I was not at all surprised to discover it was incredibly fun as well :)

18. Thanks, everyone! Really glad you're all digging our motion controls. We spent a lot of time getting them right (over a year!) so sounds like it was time well spent.

Hype! Hype! Less than a week 'till this bad boy is out! :) We've still got some promocodes left if anyone wants one :)

The PS4 version has had some great reviews...

9/10 http://tewituu.com/dont-die-mr-robot-review/
    9/10 http://psgamer.co.uk/ps4/12980/12980/

:D:eek:

19. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #20 rIcHrAnDoM, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    I recieved a promo code and I must say DDMR is among my favorite games released this year. This thing is chock full of arcade goodies and the tilt controls are rock solid. Loving it and actually much prefer it to Tilt to Live which is a great series in and of its own merit.