★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-31-2014, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twopiearr View Post
Here is some hopefully constructive criticism. I think this game is a good first step but isn't quite there yet.

PROBLEM: when my disk is randomly placed horizontally in line with a coin, it's almost impossible for me to get that coin.
SOLUTION: modify the random placement algorithm so that coins are always at a diagonal to the player in initial placement.

PROBLEM: the auto center camera often makes it impossible for me to see my targets - coin, can, or opponent.
PROBLEM: I can always get more power on a left-right move than an up-down one because of the autocenter.
SOLUTION: leave the autocenter as the initial camera placement, but allow the player to drag the playfiled around, possibly with a screen or button tap to lock the screen before enabling the pullback.

PROBLEM: after you've unlocked a dozen or so wrestlers, you will keep fighting the same opponents of errand over because the order of opponents is always the same.
SOLUTION: randomize the selection of opponents, or
SOLUTION: establish checkpoints every 5-10 opponents

SUGGETSION: more kinds of power ups.
Thanks for the post and for trying out the game.

1-I will for sure take a look at the camera once the bugs are taken care of in the first update.

2-As I mentioned in an earlier post, I will look at a check point system of some point. I am looking at every ten characters but need to test it out a little. I can't randomize the characters because they are in order of their difficulty. The idea was that you get a little further each time you play and then use the newer wrestlers to try again. Another set up I originally had was the ability to store energy drinks and then allow you to use them when needed. However, I didn't want people to be able to buy them (Toy Machine) and then get higher scores than people not spending money.

3-I can for sure look at power ups and will also be looking at adding more coins. The game is free, so I have to have a balance.

I appreciate the feedback and will consider everything you mentioned.

Thanks,

Paul
02-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Saw a mention of universal support earlier so I am hopeful! Please make this happen
02-02-2014, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsib View Post
Saw a mention of universal support earlier so I am hopeful! Please make this happen
Hello,

I am looking at the possibility of Universal support. I will know more as I try to update the camera in the iPad version as to how well WOW will carry over to the iPhone.

Bug fix update getting submitted this week.

Paul
02-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Update submitted to Apple.

Fixes Game Over Screen Bug/couple of other minor bugs.
Adds 5 coins back to every player.

Still working on couple of bugs and still considering some gameplay improvements based on feedback.
02-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Update was approved. There was a fairly wide spread hack for in game coins, so I released this update and gave every player 500 coins which is more than enough to unlock everything in the game. If you haven't tried the game yet it might be a good time to now.