[PC] RPG Maker VX Ace - $1+

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by undeadcow, May 30, 2014.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #1 undeadcow, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Pay what you will to get:
    -RPG Maker - Free Games Bundle (DRM-Free, Windows)

Pay $1+ to get:
    -RPG Maker VX Ace (Steam, Windows)
    -RPG Maker DLC Bundle #1 (Steam, Windows)
    -Skyborn (Steam, Windows)
    -Sweet Lily Dreams (Steam, Windows)

Pay $6+ to get:
    -RPG Maker XP (Steam, Windows)
    -RPG Maker - Exclusive Resource Pack (Steam, Windows)
    -RPG Maker DLC Bundle #2 (Steam, Windows)
    -To the Moon (DRM-Free/Steam, Windows/Mac/Linux)
    -Deadly Sin 2 (Steam, Windows)
    -RPG Maker Free Games Bundle #2 (DRM-Free, Windows)

Pay $12+ to get:
    -Game Character Hub (Steam, Windows)
    -RPG Maker Bundle #3 (Steam, Windows)
    -Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm (Steam, Windows)

Humble Bundle's current weekly deal involves the RPG Maker game engine in a pay what you will system so for as little as $1 you can get the latest RPG Maker edition plus some DLC (images/music). If you really want to go for the gusto you can unlock more DLCs, games, a previous RPG Maked edition, and even a third part character art creation tool for up to $12+.

RPG Maker is a Window exclusive tool only able to export to Windows. Some (like Doom & Destiny) have ported to iOS but it is apparently not easy and requires advance programming (apparently something called Geex is a french adapter in development that might add unofficial iOS functioning).

2. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I couldn't resist that bundle either, though I feel sorry for the people that pick it up in the 75% off weekend Steam has at the moment. You have to love the Humble!

3. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #3 Lavender, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
    I bought the bundle also. I'm not a developer so don't know exactly what I'll do with it though!! LOL

Thanks for the head's up undeadcow & the post peteozzy(I think) :)

And; i must add... I had no idea that the 'bundle' selling existed. Oh my gosh. I'm going to be in trouble now. I have an app budget that i adamantly will not go over, even by a dollar. Now I need to figure out a 'bundle' budget as well.
    Humble Bundle & Indie Gala both.

Geez you guys!!! #

4. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    #4 asaw2, Jun 1, 2014
    It's can make iOS game?

Edit: sorry..;; it's written in under...

5. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    If anyone is not aware, Reddit has the most comprehensive list of non ios game sales on the web. If you want to avoid checking 20 different sites everyday. http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/hot/

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

New to PC gaming? Your wallet will hate you.

7. xraydash

xraydash Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2012
    I bought the rpg maker bundle too. :)

Thanks! I didn't know about this.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm new to this too... I bought the Humble Bundle pack for $15, which according to description gives access to everything. Now to download all... and find spare time to check RPG Maker :p

9. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#9 Bronxsta, Jun 1, 2014
    Well, Humble and Indie Gala are only the tip of the bundle/sales iceberg. We're talking new sales and bundles every day, every few days, every week, every month, on tons of sites all across the web. Humble Bundle, Humble Weekly Bundle, Indie Gala, Indie Royale, Bundlestars, Groupees, Indie Game Stand, Desura, Gamefly, Amazon, Steam, GreenManGaming.

Many times, you can get PC versions of IOS games for less than the IOS version. Like I got XCOM for $7, FTL for $2.50, Stealth Inc. for $1, etc.

IMO, this is the best way to keep track of all the bundles and sales:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker

And then in a few weeks, the Steam Summer Sale is coming, so every game on Steam will be discounted, from like 25% to 90%.

10. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I challenge your link to a duel.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/hot/

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks Bronxsta and Scrotally for the tip. Unfortunately, I ultimately play only on my iPad/iPhone, leaving my PC only for tampering with development tools, Photoshop, etc. I grabbed Game Maker Pro some months ago and now I've bought RPG Maker with this Humble Weekly Bundle. I think that with those two game dev apps, along with GamePress for iPad (game creator) and Codea for iPad, I've got for many years to tamper with game developing :p