Age of Zombies Anniversary

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gwet17, Nov 15, 2011.

1. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
  2. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I hope it is $0.99:D

3. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Yeeeehaaawwwww!!! Can't wait!

4. relaxgod

relaxgod Member

Dec 16, 2010
    wow! the best dual-rocker shoot game...must buy!

5. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Why should this be a new game? The only difference between this and the original seems to be a new map and a couple new weapons?

Come on HB I expect better

6. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    It hasn't been confirmed to be a separate app. I personally doubt it will be.

7. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I bet my money it will be separate.

8. scorpionxd

scorpionxd Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Comes out tomorrow or whatever time NZ releases it dates via US time

So well see if its update or seperate app, but doesnt it already have HD Retina?

9. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's surprising the Halfbrick has nothing about this listed on their webpage, facebook, or twitter. Aside from the date on the video, are we sure this is being released on November 17th? It is possible the video has an inaccurate date due to delay.

10. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    I really hope this is an update. (or even dlc)
    It's honestly kind of dumb that it's an "anniversary edition" when it's been a year, and it's a mobile game.

11. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    This is definitely an update for the current game. They'd be crazy not to introduce IAPs. Perhaps they'll throw in a freebie or two. I'm pretty confident the new western map will be free, there would be too much discontentment otherwise.

12. Michael Dobele

Michael Dobele Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Executive Producer at Halfbrick Studios
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hi Guys

Sorry if there has been any confusion. With Phil (our Marketing Guru) traveling so much lately it seems he is a bit behind on sending out the usual press statements. I’ll try to answer your questions as best I can.

Age of Zombies: Anniversary will be going on sale on November 17th. It is a separate application and will also be a universal app (support both iPhone and iPad). It will launch at a sale price of $0.99c before being raised.

The decision to make this a separate application was made so that we can better support the ever widening range of iOS devices now available whilst giving customers a better choice, both in filesize and pricepoint.

Consider this “Anniversary” edition to be the HD version that is best played on iPhone 4/4s and tablet devices. The anniversary edition doesn’t support older devices (3G and below) as it includes these new HD graphics.

The old AoZ version is what you would consider an SD version and supports those older low end devices and whilst it can of course be played on newer retina or tablet devices the old SD graphics do take quite a quality hit when they are scaled up by the device. :(

At launch the Anniversary edition contains the following new content and features:

1) HD Makeover :
    Whilst still retaining that 2D charm every single piece of artwork, texture, tileset, font and Zombie has been re-made in full HD to better support the newer generation of retina capable iPhones and larger iPad screens.

2) New Chapter: Western.
    A new story chapter, consisting of three levels has been created specifically for this version ending in a new boss fight against Mad-Dog McGraw. This new story chapter takes place after the end of the regular story game.

3) Survival Map.
    A cool new map that features a train you must both avoid and utilize in order to mow down waves of undead.

3) New Weapons
    The new western chapter introduces two new weapons, the dual shooting Peacemaker pistols and the cluster-bomb styled Dynamite.

4) New leader boards and achievements.

5) Support for iCloud.
    All of your stats and progress will automatically synch to the Apple iCloud if the game is played across multiple devices running the new OS.

We really hope you enjoy this version of AoZ. It's taken us much longer than anticipated to complete but we've put a great deal of effort and polish into this version to make it the best version available.

Thanks for your continued support and feedback on our products… we wouldn’t be here without you and listen to you guys very closely.

Cheers

13. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. Definitely picking it up. Any word on IAP?

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I can understand making a separate app for HD but not including the new map/weapons in the older edition is not ideal.

15. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Heh, since I never bought the first one, probly should buy the new anniversary edition! Looks great, and can't pass up on a buck for this game again (accidentally passed up on the original when it was on sale b/c i was out on cash :eek:)

16. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    lolz yeah same here:D

17. V3RMILLION

V3RMILLION Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    It never ceases to amaze me how much people cry over $1. I own the original and I will definitely be buying this one as well. Looks good HalfBrick! Keep up the great work!

18. relaxgod

relaxgod Member

Dec 16, 2010
    universal app $0.99!awesome!

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #19 backtothis, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  20. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    @Michael Dobele:

The "old" SD version has a special thing, where you have to download the lite version to unlock a special item (spoilerfree :D) in the full version. What are you going to do with that in the anniversary edition? That item unlocked from the beginning or otherwise...?