★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Melodica is now on the appstore! - From the makers of Fuzzle

05-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Melodica is now on the appstore! - From the makers of Fuzzle

You probably know us from our popular puzzle game Fuzzle. Now we are here to show you our new music app/game Melodica that was just released today!

We are very excited to show you the Melodica video trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Melodica is a revolutionary application that mixes lights and sounds in a unique way and let's you create amazing tunes just with the tips of your fingers.
With Melodica everyone can make music, and when we say everyone, we mean it! We believe that simplicity is beautiful, and you will too as soon as you start to play with Melodica!

How to play:

Plug the headphones to your device, start touching the boxes, make music!
Yes it is just that simple!
Shake your device to reset your composition.

You can download it from here:

Melodica is inspired on the Tenori-on and on Tone Matrix made by Andre Michelle.
Try the amazing Tone Matrix at: http://tinyurl.com/tonematrix to really hear what Melodica is about!

We will be waiting for feedback.

All the best,
Candy Cane team

PS - We will be giving away free promo codes for Melodica and Fuzzle in the upcoming days to our twitter community. Follow us on:
05-06-2009, 07:16 AM
Great news!!! I'm off to the app store to purchase! But then again .... think I'll wait to see if I won a promo code .... NOT .... I can't wait

Bittlebox or Marlene DeGrood (non zombie killer)
Need more positive energy in your life?
Follow me (bittlebox) on twitter.

Last edited by marlenedegrood; 05-06-2009 at 07:24 AM.

05-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Can you save your compositions?
05-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Melodica's logo is muche better than Candy Cane's logo.
Time to update the company logo?
05-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Looks like Toshio Iwai's Tenori-on.

Any influences from that?

Youtube link | Pop Up

I'm buying.
05-06-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally Posted by truthlaser View Post
Looks like Toshio Iwai's Tenori-on.

Any influences from that?

YouTube: video

I'm buying.
EDIT: I'll read the whole post next time, instead of just clicking on the App link
05-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Yes it is influenced in the Tenori-on! You will be able to save Melodies already in release 1.1 that will be submitted next week. Sharing features are also on the way !
05-06-2009, 07:36 AM
PaklSound is a similar app that I enjoyed a lot:

It has 3 pages:
one for melody, one for the drums and one for the bass.

Does Melodica have different sounds or only one page?
05-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Spotlight View Post
Does Melodica have different sounds or only one page?
Only one page, as far as I can tell. I'm not seeing any other options in the app.

It sounds pretty good. Made a nice little loop.

I wish there was some sort of progress bar at the bottom, so that you could follow it, not just knowing where it was when the notes lits up. Perhaps pausing, rewinding and going forward, listening and changing notes, then starting the melody again.

It seems a bit limited in its current state. The video trailer seems to show all there is.

Pretty fun to play around with, though.
05-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Currently Melodica only has that page, but I would not even compare the sound quality of Melodica with Paklsound. Try it out yourself to see the difference, with our app you can actually make music!