Games so bad you want your money back

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheFrost, Feb 24, 2011.

1. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I think no one has done this thread before. Its about what games did you buy that makes you sick every time you see the icon. A game so bad you want your money back at all costs. A game you regret buying. My list goes like this:

1) I forgot the name. It costs 3 dollars and all you have to do is roll around the screen tilting a ball that when it touches a new surface previously hidden it appears with bright colors. Just that. No more. Deleted forever.

2) Blue Defense: Second Wave: At first it may seem cool, but after just 3 plays you have done everything there and just want to delete it. Really repetitive gameplay, they tried to overcome this with more modes but they just dont work out, too many and pointless. Deleted forever.

3) Bird Strike: A Pointless endless jumper, one of the worst ones of its kind (and i have a lot of endless runners). The damn bird flies to fast and you are constantly crashing with platforms, again nothing fun. No substance at all. Deleted forever.

4) Astronut: The first couple of levels are good, so good that makes you buy the whole game. Huge mistake as it works a pure bait, as later the games proves frustrating and really difficult, removing the fun out off it with scissors. Frustrating.

5) Ninjas vs Pandas vs Zombies vs Pirates: An Angry Birds clone with no personality at all, boring stages, and a diffuculty ramp that quicly kills the game. Not very well polished, not at all, and slow. Better off with the other clone, Trucks & Skulls thats at least a little better.

So if you see any of these apps stay clear and far away from them. If you have any games that fits into this category please share them with us to prevent people spending their money on worthless stuff...

2. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
  3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    These are the kind of threads you don't make if you have any forum etiquette at all.

1) You're setting yourself up to get flamed.

2) Are you really going to insult devs to this extreme right in front of them on a friendly website dedicated to iOS games?

4. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    yea my thread was regret buying because you didnt enjoy it or it was buggy.......not as bad as this

5. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    All due respect to you, but i for one don't mind threads recurring. Once the previous threads of this ilk get buried then i can't see the problem as the thread will have a new audience anyway. It's probably my bad for not caring about a tidy forum, but I got to clean up in real life so I can't be assed about a tidy forum !

Anyway on topic .... I regret bothering to d/l Shadow Era (it's freemium but I d/l on 3G with my data plan - so has an indirect cost I suppose - I always run out and end up buying more data)

The reason I regret it is that I didn't realise you need wifi to play.

6. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    off the top of my head...

Super Monkey Ball
    Astro Boy - Took this one for the team. man what a pile of garbage...

7. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I bought Shadow Guardian at full price before the reviews came in- I trusted IGN's review.

<INSERT PITY/SCOLDING FOR TRUSTING IGN HERE>

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    How does that even relate to what I said in any way?

9. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    And you mfros, must answer how you gave Bug Heroes a 3 out of five. What was wrong with it?

10. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Heavy Mach 1 and 2 - developer promised updates and bug fixes, never came because he's too busy developing other apps to make money. Hell his promises of future updates and bug fixes are in the app description itself right now. Talk about unethical. Dev is IndieAn. Don't buy anything from this guy.
    Angry Birds - shallow, repetitive, does not require any sort of thinking or skill, wholly undeserving of a fraction of the fame it got. I'm surprised a gem like Cut the Rope didn't beat the crap out of crap like this

11. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    +1 on them angry birds

12. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #12 c0re, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011

----> http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=85494

13. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Right, so you're suggesting users aren't allowed to say anything negative about games or devs? Lol. :rolleyes: Everyone is supposed to love Angry Birds?
    A dev who promises updates and bug fixes right in the app description itself and then completely eats his words to develop new apps is a great dev??
    Thanks for wasting my time clicking your link.

14. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #14 c0re, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    Where did I ever mention not to say anything negative ?
    Isn't there some kind of difference between saying that we didn't like a game and calling everyone to boycott a dev ?
    Would you like if one guy you know in real life came to a job board and said "well, I know [insert November's Chopin real name here], and he gets offensive to anything he doesn't like. Don't hire him at all cost."

Well, nevermind, forget it. Some people are set in stone I guess.

15. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    NOVA 2
    Tiny Wings
    League Of Evil
    Bug Heroes
    Carcassonne
    Dungeon Raid
    Jellycar 3
    Battleheart

But seriously, I'd have to say Zombie Escape and Eden-World Builder. I deleted them off my phone almost a day after I bought them. I even tried to get a refund on Eden-world Builder, but unfortunately that never happened.

16. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Too many to list.

SimulationGolf and Yard Games come to mind though.

17. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    *sigh* another angry birds hater, i'm not a huge fan of the game either but pointing out flaws that don't even exist just to trash a game isn't right. Angry Birds does take allot more skill then most iOS apps.

Back to topic, there are plenty some i just regret buying but i don't "look at the icon with disgust" but i do cringe. Most of them were games that went on sale 2 days after i got them at full price. I do regret Pape Sangre but i'm sure i'll enjoy once i get better headphones.

18. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    I agree with the angry birds hate.
    It's actually a great game; it's just something people love to hate.
    To feel rebellious? maybe...
    Everybody raved when it originally came out (me being one of them) but when it got popular, everybody starts flaming it :p

19. Pr135ty

Pr135ty Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom
    I agree with angy birds!

20. Pr135ty

Pr135ty Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom
    league of evil?? what??