iPhone Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Slitherine Iain, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    #1 Slitherine Iain, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I read the announcement somewhere and am somewhat confused. Is this going to be one game with free expansion updates, one game with IAPs for expansions, or three games?

The announcements made it seem like there is the race to the moon part, then another part, then the Mars part, but it also seemed like only the Moon part is coming soon...

3. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    The game will be split in to 3 episodes. You'll be able to continue from 1 to the next. On iOS the other episodes will be IAP's when they are done but it is just so much content that the team need to split it across the 3 releases or it wont release for another 18 months. Does that clarify how it all fits together?

4. Rave

Rave Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Looks very promising! It reminds me very much of a modernized, updated, and expanded version of Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space (wikipedia)

Anyone interested in retro-gaming, here is the link to the (non-tablet) Win/Mac/Linux freeware version of the early 1990s vintage game http://www.raceintospace.org/

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yep, thanks. I have no issues with IAP expansions, but if the whole package, with all three scenarios, is going to take up gigabytes of space, may I suggest perhaps also selling them as seperate apps, due to lack of space to keep Gigabyte games installed?

Nonetheless, day one purchase. :)

6. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    It wont really work like that as just because you are advanced in one area doesn't mean you are in another and the previous components can be reused.

Imagine Civ - its as if you are adding an extension on when the tech tree stops. You wouldn't want to only play the higher techs you want to progress through the early techs to the later ones.

7. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
  8. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    I guess I must be older than you, because I was thinking of:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Space_Station

And holy crap am I ever ready for a space management sim on my iPad.

9. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Well this is the first IOS game in a LONG time I've found myself interested in. Hope it manages to land this summer and not be an IAP fest.

10. Slitherine Iain

Apr 10, 2011
    The only IAP planned are because the game is so big it is in 3 chunks. Episodes 2 and 3 will be IAP but other than that no IAP is planned.

11. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US