Which TD game is better?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by llbros545, Jun 16, 2009.

1. llbros545

llbros545 Active Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I am going to, for the 1st time, invest in a Tower Defense game and seince both The Creeps and 7 Cities are on sale at less than a buck, I wanna as you Touch Arcade people, which is the better TD game?

2. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

My vote goes to Creeps. Both games are good, but I really like the art style of Creeps. I found Creeps had some pretty unique ideas as far as TD goes.

Both games are great though. Seeing as how they each cost a dollar, you COULD buy both :)

3. Frant

Frant Well-Known Member

wrong section and buy both of them while they're on sale
    they're both good

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    +1 to that

5. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I'd get them both. (I did :) )

I'd recommend searching the "General Game Discussion and Questions" forum for more info.

Cheers!

6. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Honestly, there's tons of TD games. Go into iTunes and type "tower defense". The first 45 that show up, almost 40 of them are TD games. There aren't 40 TD games, but that list includes lite versions as well. Just look at each game and the reviews and decide which is best for you. And I do believe both 7 Cities and The Creeps have lite version iirc.

7. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

no lites anymore for those games. just buy either of the games, you can't go wrong with either. personally i lean towards 7 cities.

8. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    If you are only getting one, I would vote for 7 Cities. I have both, and both are good, but 7 Cities is more challenging.

Michael

9. cmd2010

cmd2010 Member

Jan 20, 2009
    The Creeps gets my vote for your first TD game, but 7 cities would be a great addition if you end up enjoying Tower Defense games.

10. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I am not really a TD fan but I do like Fieldrunners. It seems to involve a little more strategy than most as enemies don't follow a predefined path.

11. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    I agree. Their both really good. I really can't decide on either one.

12. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Seeing as how it is your first tower defense, I would really recommend The Creeps! This was my gateway tower defense game

13. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    yeah, The Creeps is wonderful. Charming....'it buuuuurns' lol:)

14. llbros545

llbros545 Active Member

Jun 16, 2009
    But which one has higher replayability?

15. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    probably 7 cities, as it's got a more complicated up-grade sytem, so there's more incentive to play around there, and try different tactics.
    But, I think 7 cities has that Marmite effect on people. Some like it, some can't stand it. Personally, I could never get into it. It's style didn't capture my imagination, and for me that's a really important starting point.

16. Sev

Sev Active Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Your first one should be Fieldrunners. It is the core, the pure, the Mario of TDs. And so well done. That was my first iphone game i ever paid and still one of my favorites ever.

Then later, check some TD with alternative gameplays, like Defender Chronicles or Star Defense.

They're very different and great. They complete each other IMO.

17. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I would pick up both but finish The Creeps! before moving "up" to 7 Cities. The Creeps was my entry TD and really is a great game. 7 Cities is still too difficult for me lol.

18. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Don't forget GeoDefense. Great TD game. Not .99 though...

19. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    It's also the most difficult and obviously not for a new TD fan like this.

20. justThinkEasy

justThinkEasy Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2009
    +1, go for Fieldrunners.
    I still find myself going back to it cause I really like the open-field strategy there is.
    For me Fieldrunners and Star Defense are keeping me happy for TD's.

But if you don't care about those recommendations, I'd say go with 7 cities.