Knitted Deer - 2D runner (By Mandragora Team)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sadari, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadari

Sadari Member

Jan 29, 2013
    #1 Sadari, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Hi guys!

We happy to announce our first game, Knitted Deer. Hope you enjoy our alpha gameplay video!

Knitted Deer is an unusual runner brought by indie-game studio The Mandragora Team. The game tells a story of the impetuous and seemingly endless escape of a deer, a former knitted pattern on a sweater. The fabric of his world is literally being torn to shreds as it runs towards salvation, overcoming countless enemies on its path and obstacles designed by the wicked nature of this world. The deer keeps running even though there is no certainty that there is any sort of salvation at the end of the path.

Features:

- A unique graphical style. You play on a knitted canvas where all characters are also composed of raw threads.

- Three distinct world: the Earth, Heaven and Hell. The game begins on Earth, and the other two locations can be unlocked based on the player’s actions during the game.

- The player can buy weapons upgrades, passive abilities and consumable power-ups, using coins collected in the game (e.g., for killing enemies or acquiring bonuses).Weapons Upgrades increase duration of weapons. Passive abilities allow the character to survive longer, while power-ups may be used to increase movement speed, activate immortality for a short time, or dispose of all enemies on the screen.

- There is a lot of bonus collectibles scattered among the levels.

- Game offers a high level of replayability thanks to the random challenge generator.

Please let us know if you wanna see something in game, and we'd glad to hear any views about this.

Thanks all and have FUN!

Our Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mandragora-Team/201389909999694
    Our Twitter - https://twitter.com/MandragoraTeam
    YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/MandragoraTeam?feature=watch

They kinda empty right now, but we just started!

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow this looks sweet. Love the style it really looks like a knitted jumper.

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Epic.
    Hell, a knitted deer, and decapitation.

4. Sadari

Sadari Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Thanks, I am very glad to hear it. Its pleasure, if someone really like our work.

5. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Price

Is this game going to be free or do we have to pay for it? The game looks interesting with the three levels and the whole heaven/hell concept; however, it seems as if this type of game has been done before.

As a suggestion, i would make this game free for the first day it is released, to give people a chance to play it. Then, if the game is good, positive feedback will spread via word of mouth, and you can charge 99 cents.

Just my two cents,
    frisbee10461

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    show me another knitted runner on the app store, link pls

7. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    What I meant was that the platforming type of game has been done before, and though the idea of playing as a knitted character is unique, I don't see this getting a lot of purchases if the devs have people pay for this game up front.

Just my two cents,
    frisbee10461

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That artstyle... Friggin brilliant idea!

9. Sadari

Sadari Member

Jan 29, 2013
    I understand your opinion, all runners look the same, because of gameplay. But we are trying to add something unique, something really "ours" in this game.

Thanks a lot. Oddly enough, but idea about the sweater came to us in the summer. XD

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I decided to publish this because its extremely unique. I think the gameplay they've shown is basically alpha - and will be better in the final version.

11. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, really! I mean, I don't know if I can stomach ANOTHER knitted deer-themed runner on the App Store. With such an unoriginal, bland idea, I'd say that the fruits of these guys' hard work should be expense-free for us, the fickle gamers with the false sense of entitlement and absolutely no concept of how an upstart dev puts food on the table or finances the production of future games. Make it free, dev. And hurry the hell up with it already, we haven't got all day.

:rolleyes: /end sarcasm. Good luck on the release dev, I'll be a day-one buyer.

12. Sadari

Sadari Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Of course our game will be much better in the final version. Anyway, we make everything to do so!

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Knitted Deer arrives on March 7th!

Attached Files:

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice :D

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    new trailer will be arriving this week...

16. Sadari

Sadari Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Thank for all, we finally in Appstore. More enemies, weapons and stuff in next updates!