Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    It rarely works for me on my iPhone. On the PC, I can upload multiple pics without an issue.

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I won't be spending any more on this, unless they put in an unlock all, or get rid of timers iap.

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Engine service timers seem to have gotten longer.
    My Porsche RSR is now getting a full service
    For the next 20 hours, yes you read that right! 11 hours of which is just the engine. A very dark cloud hangs over this game for me now.

4. I can't multi photo attach from my iphone or ipad. But once I did somehow accidentally. So I think there is a way to do it, anyone know?

5. Yeah, freemiums can be downloaded for free, so there is probably no need to recommend or rate it. Personally, I hope there isn't a formal review, but more of an Impression with some of the good points and some of the bad. Really, no need for more than that, and I personally don't want to see a lot of argueing whether a review shows bias, or it is wrong.

I was really looking forward to a game that could have been my favorite game ever. Instead I got wait timers, inapps, and stupid ai. But anyway, as always I will fight hate through humourz, and pray to god that the world doesn't end on the 28th.

Good luck Eli, god speed. :)

6. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    It seems that EA/Fm tripled the service times over the last 2-3 days!!!
    Are they even serious about this :eek:
    They are probably not generating enough money out of this cashcow!!
    If this is an indication of the final build, i will be deleting it asap on the 28th.

7. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    if it did all men and women would truly be equal and we would finally have nothing to worry about :p
    Then again the Mayans got it wrong, EA probably will too!

Joke post alert.

8. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    That sounds pretty bad. I still using previous version (1.0.1) and service time for oil is 5 minutes. Im curious why they didnt do it on server side, but with update.

9. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    I'm still using the v1.0, that's why I'm still chilling :p

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It works perfectly in my iphone as long as the order is:

1. Upload image.
    2. Write the post text.

If I leave the image uploading for the last step, it never works...

11. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Still on 1.0.0 here and last night was still getting the lower 5 minute oil changes and so forth, not tried playing today.

12. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Seems like the services are lasting much less .... just took a freshly repaired bmw for an endurance run ... got about 11.5 miles ... zero damage physically ... both oil and something else was bottomed out ... 4.5 hours waiting again ...

a single event shouldn't be wearing out this stuff so quickly .... i'm doing almost a service / event lately ...

Balance is out the window again

13. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Will this launch be cross platform right out the gate?

14. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Well I'm officially bored with the game. 24 hours and no inclination to want to play it. Bah hambug

15. alacourse

alacourse Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Gotta be careful with those endurance run, once your breaks and tires are depleted, you will lose control of your car more easily. In a 100+km run you are depleted most of the time.

I try to avoid full servicing, just doing 1 to 3 service at a time. I start playing the most advanced cars, and when they are in servicing, I ride cheaper cars, redoing past events and collecting extra cash beating friends. I was able to play 6 hours straight yesterday. 10 cars in service when I got to sleep, only one with 15m remaining when I got up this morning.

16. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Repairs are instant, but servicing takes 3x longer and lasts less now. Bullcrap.

17. Not good news for the rest of us cause you are one of the most dedicated racing fan on this thread. I'm still enjoying it to some degree cause I just got my 3rd car, but can see getting really frustrated when the expensive cars and tracks hit, and I have to grind and wait forever.

18. This is strange that everyone is on different versions and that people are just reporting totally different wait times on here now. Seems like the latest stealth update, someone posted a 20 hour wait time, and that the wait timers are now getting higher and higher, instead of lower and lower. Like all of is expected.

This is baffling. Gonna cause EA a lot of problems if people are on all different versions especially when the US build comes out.

On top of that, you got all the hackerz doing save edits, a huge segment adjusting system time clocks to cheat wait times, and people not upgrading due to fear of wait timers.

Imagine if more games were like this, everyone would be hacking, pirating, and not updating due to wait timer issues. I really hope EA and Apple can see this, or else console like games on ios are doomed. :(

19. alacourse

alacourse Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Hang in there. It will get better.

I am at 45 hours, 16 cars, and having the time of my life.

20. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    But triple wait times are not better :p

I would be fine with long repair times if the parts lasted days of use to make up for it, on 1.0.0 with the last week's cooldown rates some of the faster cars I drive need to go into service every few races, somehow doing 10 laps of suzuka requires me to go rebuild my engine.

I know it's not release day yet but I hope they sort out these waits for people, also when firemonkeys said this game was made to be freemium from the get go I believe that was bull, no way would they make the start of the game so unbalanced and then owning 10 cars to swap between repairs as good as it is right now.

If I am wrong, whoever planned the waiting bar system in this game doesn't get it.