Tony Hawk's Shred Session (by Activision)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Eli, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

2. rapaleeman

rapaleeman Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2013
    As a fan of OlliOlli this may work. I hate freemium games as I would rather pay X amount of money for Y content without the Z variable, this may actually work especially since I am huge Hawk fan (both the games and the legend himself).

The quick hit play sessions I have on OlliOlli which is also on rails (albeit a 2D one) seem like a great fit for mobile and with the Hawk behind this it at least looks great with some authenticity behind it. With no timers (he kind of dodges that question which has me skeptical) and the quick one minute jam sessions seemingly emulating the old two minute timer modes of the original THPS while understanding the limitations of touchscreen controls (THPS2 was an interesting experiment and ultimately fun on iPhone but the controls were not perfect by any stretch) this could be a cool obsession.

As long as you can progress by getting stars and not being required to buy tricks at an exponential price in order to progress then that is great. Getting the cash to unlock stuff for your skater is cool again, as long as the balance is there to earn without a required purchase then I'm all for it.

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I can see this making zillions of dollars.

I was a bit worried by the "temple run" gameplay at first, but by the end of that video I was pretty excited. Looks like it could be a really fun combination of skater/runner.